Front Arm Rear Bushes VRS

Martyn44

Hi guys so i had my exhaust and remap done a few days ago (straight through pipe :p) and noticed the front arm rear bushes were completely shot. So i believe the two options are the uprated 4 prong from an Ibizia is it? or to poly them. I was going to get the poly ones as they weren't much more but then i read an old thread somewhere that someone had bad vibration after fitting them and the car didn't feel right. If anybody has any experience here and consequently some advice on which ones are best to buy would be greatly appreciated :D. Cheers

Martyn

Edited by Martyn44

There's another post in this section on changing these. I've just had one of mine changed for poly ones ( son in law did it as a favour as one had failed ), along with both ARB drop links ( something that might be worth checking if bushes are worn/split)and although car feels less sloppy, and fewer knocks over bumps, no other nasty effects.

There's twelve distributors  for POWERFLEX in WM and one in Atherstone . I don't kow about the others, but I'd rate a trip to Center Gravity in Atherstone as worthwhile. This place is more used to dealing with PORSCHE /high end Honda/TVR etc ,but I walked in looking to buy a set of bushes for my lowly 1.4 and got the same welcome as if I'd arrived in a high end sports car. Be warned that Powerflex use a confusing pricing system. The quoted price is  per bush ,with a pack for a fabia containing two bushes, meaning that the car price is twice that shown .

Edited by VWD