**SOLD** Skoda Fabia MKI Hatch, Elegance, 1.4Lt 16V (100Bhp), Dark Blue Met'/mystic Beige

fabdavrav

I am now selling my old car, due to the purchase of a new car.

***Deposit taken***

Price :- asking £1,700 o.n.o. (Please remember this includes two full sets of alloys, one set of roof bars, original air box, & current top-up fluids).  This car is a rare early "Elegance" specification (electric rear windows). The original engine was designed by VW to run mainly on 98RON fuel, which the new owner needs to continue with! Also the car has been discreetly modified!

***NEW*** Fixed price of £1,500 without the following:-  Team Dynamics ProRace3 summer alloys, NGK iridium spark plugs, Magnecor KN8.5 competition spec leads, Green Cotton twister C.A.I., roof bars.  However I will re-fit the OEM air box & ignition leads, fit a new OEM air filter, & new OEM NGK spark plugs for the price of £1,500 ***NEW***

post-70632-0-62943100-1415826237_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-51040500-1415826277_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-11345900-1415826351_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-72454000-1415826435_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-91634300-1415826828_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-01758300-1415826891_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-08361600-1416087946_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-15994400-1416157682_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-32354200-1416088745_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-26401700-1416157749_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-40407000-1416088791_thumb.jpg  post-70632-0-79793600-1416088851_thumb.jpg

Car Data:

Skoda Fabia Hatchback (5 door), “Elegance specification

Paint colour: Dark Blue Metallic (D7D7) (9460)

Interior: Mystic Beige

Model Type:  6Y23J4

Engine Type:  Petrol, 1390cc (1.4lt), 16v, 74kW (100 bhp), with 5 speed manual gearbox

Engine / Gearbox No:  072918 AUB

Mileage:  58,951 miles as at 19/11/14

First Registered:  19th January 2001, “X” plate (build stamp on most items is 09/ 2000 or 10/ 2000)

Road Tax Class: As registered before 01/03/2001 & under 1549cc, the road tax this year (2014) was £145. The same car registered after this date pays based on CO2 which is 158g/km so band G (151-165g/km) which is £180 this year. So this car is cheaper to run!

MOT Status: Just passed current MOT with NO advisories as per last year! Kept anniversary date for MOT so the next MOT is due on 6th December 2015!

Insurance Status: I insure with Aviva & have told them of all the modifications & they only "load" the policy with the non-standard alloys & the custom built air box. The rest of the stuff is either classed as the same as OEM but designed to be better lasting & more efficient, & the engine mods have no stated power gains from the manufacturers. Costs me cira £340/year.

Standard spec from factory (main points):

Electric windows front & rear. (only very early cars had the electric rear windows as this was replaced with manual rear windows due to cost cutting), Electric & heated door mirrors, Heated front seats, Heated washer nozzles, Air Conditioning, ABS, ASR (traction control), EDL (electronic diff lock, very good), 8 speaker stereo (4 woofers/mid, & 4 tweeters), Full size steel spare wheel, Front fog lights, Remote central locking/alarm, Height adjustable drivers seat, Tinted glass (slight), Tinted sun strip in top of windscreen, MFD, Split (60/40) fold rear seat.

Dealer fit OEM accessories:

Front & rear mud flaps, Front & rear rubber floor mats. Semi-rigid plastic boot tray/mat, Black plastic door sill protector plates, Headlight protectors, Leather steering wheel inc airbag, Leather gearstick/gaiter with chrome top, Storage pockets in both sides of boot, Tow rope.

Lighting;

All the Main/Dipped/High beam & front fogs are either Phillips or Osram 90% or 100%  brighter bulbs.  Front side lights (parking) are also upgraded to Osram & colour match the whiteness of the others. All the front & rear indicators are Phillips “Silverline” bulbs which are silver then change colour to amber when lit. Last year I fitted a Phillips LED “Daylight 4” DRL kit. This I fitted so it looks OEM, & complies to the regs.

Stereo:

OEM except for, Pioneer Custom fit rear deck speakers TS-H104, Pioneer DEH-5000UB Stereo. This is a single CD player with USB input. I have my music in WAV or MP3 on a Mirco SD card in an adaptor for USB. The unit has comprehensive crossover adjustments for slope, frequency, presets, bass, etc, etc,. 4x 40w output. I still have the OEM stereo in full working order if you want to retro fit it! 

Trim modifications;

The “Fabia”, & “1.4 16V” badges on the tailgate were removed,, as were the “Elegance” badges on the front wings. The sliding draw under the radio was removed as it is small. In its place the stowage shelf with rubber mat from the “Fabia” “Classic” was installed. The USB lead from the stereo protrudes into this cubby hole. Also the front ashtray was removed & the open tray/cup holder was fitted. The optional extra slide out cup holder by the side of the stereo has also been fitted. I have also fitted Audi TT jack pads (another well known mod). A full set of Skoda Fabia roof bars are also included in the sale. Also the rear doors have had the carriers properly re-sealed with the Skoda sealant (again known fault).

Engine:  post-70632-0-90072000-1415826562_thumb.jpg

Fuel: This car has spent since 2002 running only on Shell Optimax/Vpower/Nitro. These engines were made to produce their power on 98Ron.The new owner needs to continue with this!!!!

Engine Oil:  Mobil 1, 0w - 40w Fully synthetic, nothing else ever!

Gearbox Oil:  Millers Oils 75w - 90w Fully synthetic Motorsport gearbox oil. A bit stiff at very low temps when cold, but give it 10mins & its fine. Way better than OEM, slicker, smoother, etc., when at temp.

Spark plugs:  NGK “Iridium IX” BKR6EIX-11 (code no.3764) as a recommended upgrade by NGK for the original fitment NGK BKUR6ET-10. Fitted 11/12/07 ***New set of NGK BKUR6ET-10 fitted***

Ignition leads: Magnecor Red KV85 “Competion” spec 8.5mm, Part no. 4-545, much better than OEM! ***Original OEM re-fitted.***

Battery:  Bosch Silver Plus 12V 63Ah  new one fitted 10/12/13. This is the third battery it has now had (second replacement).

Lower dog-bone mount to gearbox: SuperPro bush fitted.

Induction System:  post-70632-0-43222800-1415826529_thumb.jpg

Based around a washable Green Cotton Twister 75mm enclosed air filter & using Green Cotton bends, reducers, etc. I built a proper Cold Air Induction. kit. Also the crankcase breather has been retained, & fixed on the alloy bend between the filter & the throttle-body, as per the O.E.M. fitment. I also built a removable (2min job) stainless steel, partial blanking plate for the slam panel air vent to help retain heat in the engine bay in winter. Have been running this since 2006, with no problems at all. Included in the sale is the OEM air box with a washable K&N filter so it can be returned to normal if required by the new owner. ***Original OEM airbox re-fitted with new OEM filter element.***

Exhaust System:

Original from factory manifold., Over time the front & mid sections have been replaced with Genuine Skoda. Remus stainless steel exhaust back box, with twin 92x78mm tail pipe (code no.8050020502) design to be a direct replacement / upgrade & work with existing Skoda sections, and TUV approved. Fitted May 2006          

Braking System:

Discs:  EBC “Spotted & Grooved” front & rear

Pads:  EBC “Green Stuff” front & rear

Hoses:  BF Goodridge stainless steel braided front & rear beam to body.

Fluid:  EBC 307+

Calipers: Were painted black with Foiltec caliper paint. Rear calipers have handbrake return helper springs from a VW T4. This is a well know modification due to the well know problems with this type of caliper.

Suspension System:

Springs:  Genuine Skoda front & rear.

Dampers:  Koni FSD front & rear

Bushes:  Powerflex anti-roll bar bushes, rear beam pivot bushes, front wishbone front bush, front wishbone rear console bush.

Anti-roll bar:  Newer weld on lug, & thicker at 18mm diameter. Genuine Skoda replacement for original ARB which had badly designed plastic retaining lugs & is a well known problem.

Wheels:   post-70632-0-09903800-1416088904_thumb.jpg

One set of OEM (the ones the car came with from the factory) five spoke alloys 14” never kerbed! Some age related bubbling (minor) on rear of face, fitted with Michelin Alpin A3 185/60 R14 winter tires, which have a good 6mm to 7mm of tread left (first fitted November 2010).

Also included is one set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 3 (glitter silver), 15”, with Toyo Proxes 195/50 R15 fitted May 2011, with a good 4mm to 5mm of tread left, again never kerbed, no bubbling. All 4 tyres are in good condition, no damage etc

Misc:

In mid 2007 I stripped all the suspension off, redid all the dampers, springs, drop links, & most of the bushes to the current spec. I also used OEM (from dealer) nuts, bolts, etc, new ABS sensors, top mounts, bump stops, dust covers, drop links. Painted the calipers black.

In 2011 I stripped all the brake caliper pistons out & honed the bores, & smoothed the pistons, then fitted new OEM seals & dust skirts. I also fitted at great expense a new OEM (from dealers) ABS unit (electrics & hydraulics).

In 2012 I fitted a new rear wiper nozzle using the OEM repair kit, this is a well known problem.

New Lambda sensors fitted.

New wheel bearings on both front wheels, & new outer C.V joint been fitted.

New PAS steering angle sensor fitted 08/2011

Servicing done:

Oil & oil filter changed every year, engine flush every other year with Wynns

Air filter washed & oiled every year. 

Brake fluid changed every two years, last done 03/12/13

Timing belts, & tensions (all in OEM kit) & Aux belt changed 19/07/06 (Skoda main dealer)

Timing belts, & tensions (all in OEM kit) & Aux belt, & all other pulleys not in kit, & water pump changed at 43,102 miles on 04/08/10 (Skoda main dealer)

Passenger compartment filter done every two years

Coolant changed 06/12/06, 04/08/10

Fuel filter changed every four years, last done 27/11/11

Gearbox oil changed 04/11/07, 03/12/13

Full inspection, visual, top up fluids, function checks, & fault codes read every year.

Basically I have a couple of large folders with all receipts for servicing (when done by the dealership), but loads of receipts for all the parts that I have bought when I have done the servicing myself, & the servicing schedules that I make up myself for my records! By the way I have fault code readers & Full VCDS, which is why I have been able to do certain things myself.

Bad Points:  post-70632-0-68776600-1416088956_thumb.jpg

• These are all cosmetic & can be sorted, the car has never been in a paintshop since it left the factory! So it is honest! In fact for a car this old it is in very good condition & I have seen worse on a 5yr old car! The only additional paintwork has been me using either OEM or "Chipex" touch-up paint on various stone chips etc. in the past. I can't re-find most of them as I manage to do a very good job!
  • Stone chips on the front bonnet & front wings.
  • Slight surface rust starting under the paintwork causing bubbling/blistering, near the rear wheel arches, behind the front mud flaps, & odd spot in lower sills
  • There is a small/medium dent/crease in the rear drivers side wing between the fuel filler cap & the wheel arch. A mate tried to give me a hand to push it out but made it worse. The paint is solid & bonded, & have only polished the area. A good body shop could sort it.

Good Points:

• Never been smoked in.
  • Never had any animals in.
  • The interior is in very good clean condition, no rips, tears, almost as new!
  • Always garaged in past.
  • One owner from new.
  • Very good mechanical condition.
  • All paperwork, OEM handbooks, full size spare tyre never used, all OEM tool kit/jack, etc.
  • Both OEM keys & fobs & all security tags/numbers. One fob has been converted to three button giving remote boot opening. (well known modification)
  • Good condition aesthetically considering the age & the winters up here which eat cars with rust !
  • I waxoly'd the suspension components years ago & have topped-up every so often, & therefore the car looks very clean underneath!!
  • Straight sills, not buckled by jacks etc!
  • All know problems with these cars have been sorted, using either repair kits, upgrade parts, or ingenuity!
  • It has such a low mileage as I walked to work since I had the car. The car only got taken out at the weekend (usually). This trip involved a 36mile round trip to the next town for shopping. This is on a mixture of main A roads or Back road B & C roads. All in 60mph limits. It got a good run each time. It has also done long drives usually in the depths of winter with me doing mountaineering!
  • Starts first time even after being frozen in a howling blizzard at cairngorm!
  • Doubt if there is a better looked after or more responsive 1.4 16v AUB engine.
  • You are buying it from someone who has done all the servicing (apart from the timing belts & wheel bearings) themselves, so knows the car inside & out

I have just given the car a service comprising a full check/top up etc., engine flush, oil change, oil filter change, & pollen filter change. Also the car has had (04/11/14) a FULL detail, jet wash, de-iron, rinse, de-tar, rinse, clay, rinse, dry, machine compound with meguires 105?, AG super resin polish (machine), two coats of  AG extra gloss with one hand & the other machine applied, full AG products on everything, alloys, tyres, glass, door rubbers, trim, interior etc, etc. basically 6 days work!

Price :- asking £1,700 o.n.o. (Please remember this includes the two full sets of alloys, one set of roof bars, original air box, & current top-up fluids).

***NEW*** Fixed price of £1,500 without the following:-  Team Dynamics ProRace3 summer alloys, NGK iridium spark plugs, Magnecor KN8.5 competition spec leads, Green Cotton twister C.A.I., roof bars.  However I will re-fit the OEM air box & ignition leads, fit a new OEM air filter, & new OEM NGK spark plugs for the price of £1,500 ***NEW***

Also the car (like me) is in an IV12 postcode (Nairn, Scotland). 

If you require any more info do not hesitate to PM me.

Edited by fabdavrav

Added more info re tax class etc.

Sorry about lack of pictures, but I am in the middle of fully detailing the car! Me & my mate spend yesterday & today, de-tarring, de-ironing, washing, machine compounding, & then doing one coat machine polish & one coat machine clear coat sealer. I am currently doing a second coat sealer then onto the inside! Basically although I keep the car clean & tidy I never really do the "full Monty" as far as detailing goes! My mate on the other hand has machines, polishes etc & does other peoples cars.....so he owes me a few favours.............so this car is now much cleaner & is in better condition! Unfortunately it does show the stone chips more!!

• 2 weeks later...

OP updated as car has passed MOT with NO advisories as per last year! Managed to keep MOT anniversary date so not next due until 6th December 2015!! Also finally managed to get some decent pictures of the car as the car has been fully detailed etc!! More will be added as I have to go through the load that I took & resize etc!

More pics added to main post, these last two I can't add to main post. Also due to the early morning light & the weave of the cloth the central sections of the seats appear darker in these photos which is strange! Anyway defo not that dark!

post-70632-0-37397900-1416158053_thumb.jpg post-70632-0-15999100-1416158083_thumb.jpg

Anyway the mileage will increase a small amount as the car will be run once every two weeks. I am open to offers, but £1,700 ish is what I'm looking for, which is not bad considering that the car is in great condition, has the rare electric rear windows, subtle modifications, one owner from new, two sets of alloys etc. That's me for the photos, all loaded up, should be enough!

Wow.................592 views (23/11/14) & no one interested?................... :wonder:

I know the price is ok as I've seen cars two years newer with more mileage & totally standard, advertised for £2,400 at dealers...........so what gives with mine?

Wow.................592 views (23/11/14) & no one interested?................... :wonder:

I know the price is ok as I've seen cars two years newer with more mileage & totally standard, advertised for £2,400 at dealers...........so what gives with mine?

I bought my 53 plate with 70k on it for £2500 a few months back, I'd say it's well priced but people in the Fabia section tend to be those with a vRS.

...........so what gives with mine?

Don't think anything gives.  Well advertised as a sound car, just hasn't found its new owner yet.  Were I to be in the market for a new car, I'd be in contact, although would want to haggle on the price.

Gaz

I bought my 53 plate with 70k on it for £2500 a few months back, I'd say it's well priced but people in the Fabia section tend to be those with a vRS.

I have noticed that ........."must be a VRS"...............what if I whacked some VRS badges on it & said it's a rare petrol version only done as a "prototype"............. :giggle:

Don't think anything gives.  Well advertised as a sound car, just hasn't found its new owner yet.  Were I to be in the market for a new car, I'd be in contact, although would want to haggle on the price.

Gaz

Cheers, I know people still want to haggle on price which is why I've got the old "o.n.o" for a bit of wriggle room, but don't want to undersell the car.

Will just sit & wait, might put on Gumtree in a few weeks.

• Like 1

I have noticed that ........."must be a VRS"...............what if I whacked some VRS badges on it & said it's a rare petrol version only done as a "prototype"............. :giggle:

Cheers, I know people still want to haggle on price which is why I've got the old "o.n.o" for a bit of wriggle room, but don't want to undersell the car.

I think you need to get it out to  a broader market.

It sounds like a good car and the advert is well thought out and written.

But most people on here either:

a.) Want a VRS.

b.) Want a cheapie they can tinker with if buying an old Fabia that's (as in your advert) got a bit of rust coming through.

Your target market seems to be someone looking for an old Fabia that's been well looked after but has some cosmetic faults.

It's a small one, so you need to get it out there to as many people as possible.

• Like 3

I've used gumtree twice, wouldn't use it again worth putting on AutoTrader just for the extra views.
  • Like 1

Just forked out for the 6 week option (just in case) on Autotrader...............

Got dealers on there asking £2K for an 02 plate with more miles, no leci rear windows & standard (not modified/uprated) Elegance spec........................hhhmmmmm...............

• 2 weeks later...

be prepared for lots of time wasters too

Had 3 time wasters from my Autotrader ad already!............... :wall:

One I told them all the info when they initially phoned, still came around, test drive etc, & then thought it might be a bit much for a run around for "her" & wanted better fuel economy, so I politely said he should be looking at diesels! Had two others phone & want to see the car that night in the dark!...WTF? So whilst still talking to them on the phone again found they really want a run around for "her" & don't want the hassle of 98ROn fuel & modifications!..........Did you read the f...ing ad?............. :@

Basically they are reading the heated seats, EDL, ASR, winter tyres & going "ooh nice safe car for "her" this winter"........ :swear: ...........Now redone the ad & made more prominent the fuel & mods right at top..............

This is the more sought after 16v model

Before Mar 2001 better tax rate well kept and better kit!!

But shame you're further North than Edinburgh!!

I'm looking for a runabout but think this is way too far for me laddie!! I'm sure you'll sell it soon as this looks like one of the better ones out there with add ons too!!

• Like 1

Great advert and car looks great. As per usual, all the perfect cars are 500 miles away from me!

This is the more sought after 16v model

Before Mar 2001 better tax rate well kept and better kit!!

But shame you're further North than Edinburgh!!

I'm looking for a runabout but think this is way too far for me laddie!! I'm sure you'll sell it soon as this looks like one of the better ones out there with add ons too!!

The downside of living up here for the piece & quiet is the fact you are fecking miles from most people................... :doh:

Thanks for the positive comments!..... :yes:

Nice motor mate, but as said you're miles from most places :p

I'd put it back to standard, sell those bits separately, and don't bang on about running it on 98ron, it's up to the new owners what they do and once their cash is in your hands it's not your problem. Most people buy a 1.4 for economy not performance and 99% will stick supermarket 95 in it (I know I would..).

glws :)

Nice motor mate, but as said you're miles from most places :p

I'd put it back to standard, sell those bits separately, and don't bang on about running it on 98ron, it's up to the new owners what they do and once their cash is in your hands it's not your problem. Most people buy a 1.4 for economy not performance and 99% will stick supermarket 95 in it (I know I would..).

glws :)

Can't put it fully back to standard, I'd have to buy a new back box, dampers, bushes, discs etc! The only things which affect my insurance are the alloys & air box, I am prepared to refit the OEM airbox as I still have this. I know I could post & sell the CAI separately if needed, but the alloys I doubt, people only seem to want OEM or big 16" or 17" alloys for the Fabia!

As for not telling re the 98RON,.........no way not on my conscience!.... :no: .............don't care if the new owner only uses 95RON....but I don't want that person coming around to where I live & having a go because I didn't tell them about the 98RON!!! ........Basically VW designed that engine to run properly on 98RON, as stated in brochure, & handbook. Unfortunately within 5yrs after the first ones being sold some were throwing piston rings because they had only been run on 95RON!! Well known problem & as I have been running the car only on 98RON & I know my stuff, for me not to tell the new owner about it would be classed as "negligence", & I have been in & out of courts in the past 6yrs re goods, with me taking other people to court as their "goods" are not what the contract states! (mainly conservatory installers, bunch of cowboys)....so I would far rather have a clear conscience! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Right then, got over 330 views on Autotrader & had people visit but basically they are all worried about insurance costs because of the modified wheels, & air box etc! It's bad enough they get "funny" over the use of 98Ron petrol (as per the manual)...................aarrggghhhhhh................. :wall:......................So I will be selling the summer alloys off separately & refitting the OEM air box & ignition leads. I am however NOT fitting a standard back box or swapping any of the braking or suspension etc etc........those items do not affect my insurance, it is only the aftermarket alloys & air box that affect it.

***NEW*** Or fixed price of £1,500 without the following:-  Team Dynamics ProRace3 summer alloys, NGK iridium spark plugs, Magnecor KN8.5 competition spec leads, Green Cotton twister C.A.I..  However I would re-fit the OEM air box & ignition leads, fit a new OEM air filter, & new OEM NGK spark plugs for the price of £1,500 ***NEW***