Rear parking sensors

Hi all,

Does anyone have any pictures of the skoda accessory genuine rear parking kit? Is it the same as the standard fit ones? As we were led to believe by the salesman they were standard flush fitting ones and the ones which have been fitted stick out from the bumper?

• Like 1

Hi all,

Does anyone have any pictures of the skoda accessory genuine rear parking kit? Is it the same as the standard fit ones? As we were led to believe by the salesman they were standard flush fitting ones and the ones which have been fitted stick out from the bumper?

Indeed. The ones from the factory dont have a collar. Also, the radio display works with the sensors and the sound comes from the car speakers.

If its a dealer fit kit (like mine) the sensors have a collar, theres a small speaker in the boot doing the beeping, and the radio doesnt display.

Give me a minute, I'll take you a picture

I had the dealer fit rear parking sensors to my Fabia Monte Carlo before I took delivery and they look very much like those in Otaylor38's photo, I'm guessing that factory fit would be the only way of getting flush mounted sensors to be honest.

Yeah thats what has been fitted to SWMBOs car. Although we had requested flush fit. Are we asking the impossible? Or do the flush fit sensors fit her 14 plate Monte? Thanks

They would fit, but its not the kit that the dealers fit.

I think the collar hides the cut of the hole. The flush fit doesnt need this because its done in a factory on a machine. The dealers ones do because the holes is cut by them and could look a little rough around the edges.

Fitting the entire factory fit sensors is possible, connecting it to the radio etc (somebody on here has done it) but its a big job and 'not for the faint hearted'

Cant you just live with the collar? Whats wrong with them?

Cobra make OE looking sensors (flush fit) and I have fitted some before, the dealer fit ones look ugly IMO

These look like the ones that Gizmo68 are talking about http://www.cobravehiclesecurity.co.uk/media/86441/ing4762_cobra%20uk_parkmaster%20leaflet%2030-05-14%20pages.pdf

We just ordered a Fabia, that doesn't have them. But we wouldn't buy without. We were quoted £399 for the dealer fit (how much?), but have got them thrown in to close the deal. I know they will be better quality that the £19 ebay ones, but you could have an awful lot of failures and new ones for that difference.