Octy brakes vs the zaf

Hmmm........

Guys, with my octy it does stop well, but....

The zaf u seem to tap the brakes and it will happily introduce u to the dash or steering wheel

Its all oem spec stuff on the zaf

The octy is bloody ds2500 pads and those piranha grooved n dimpled discs, front and back

Do u think the instant bite on the zaf is due to the basic pads, and with the octy its pads that like heat?

As im sure when its had a toasting it goood

On a dry clear day i shall try this more lol

As what makes the most diffetence with braking , the pad or disc ?

Pesky zaf :p

Maybe i will go do some experiments , and also check speeds

But im sure the zaf is more instant

Tap = anchors

Probably mostly due to the amount of servo assistance, but also that DS2500s have more bite with a bit of heat in them.

From the sounds of it standard pads might be better suited to you than DS2500s.

Edit: the pad makes more difference to braking. On these cars drilled/grooved discs are pretty pointless IMO.

Edited by vrsTom
  • Like 1

I did think it was prob the traffic driving with the ds2500

As when the roads open up the octy does bring speeds down VERY well

Where im guessing then, the zaf is fully built to stop at a tap around town, that said the zafs get abit more spongy n soft if give it some naughties :D

• Like 1

I destroyed my last set of pads :D

They crumbled when they were tsken out :(

And the replacements from them just didnt work, faded at a thought :(

But that said they were a " dude ur pads just fell apart go find some down the road " situation on a saturday :D

As someone who also drives a zafira regular i can argee that the brakes are keener.

I think the zafira has "extra" technology that helps apply more pressure when you press the pedal maybe? I use a 2008 SRi diesel 150

• Like 1

Alot a newer cars are the same tbh. My dads peugeot van is even worse then the zafira.

Ive seen you post yours on instagram :)

No tuning here, its my mums and i only use it to walk the dog and take my mum places as shes suffering from dizzy spells so doesnt want to drive.

alot of newer cars/vans have huge braking power at lower speeds, to avoid those low speed traffic light shunts -

work fleet of Connects stop instantly below 25mph, but at motorway speeds - you better hope you dont need to pull up in a big hurry.. all you get is a feeling of pushing on a lovely fluffy sponge cake! which is why i drive along in it constantly watching for evasive manoeuvring routes outa trouble should it arise..

Might be worth checking the plastic brake servo vac pipes for splits/cracks just to be on the safe side, mine cracked about 3 years ago on a 53 plate octy Vrs.

My car is still running the original pads and discs it was supplied with eleven and a half years ago (they still look brand new, like the day we drove it out of the showroom), and they always catch me out and throw you forward in the seat when you touch the brake pedal.

Its just had a mot if that helps, and at speeds its very good

I warped my oem discs and my original pads fell apart the other year :(

At 18k id like to think nothing sinister has happend

I will get the guys to peek at the line tho when in for its service

I warped my oem discs and my original pads fell apart the other year :(

At 18k id like to think nothing sinister has happend

I will get the guys to peek at the line tho when in for its service

Id say the oem pads disintegrated form old age and lack of use :rofl:

The oem discs came off mine early this yr - had 150k miles on them and looked it - worn down to half the thickness the new pagids were...