Xbox one comes today. :)

dazz600

Finally took the plunge

Wifeys staff discount is 20% over weekend so a good a time as any

None in stock so ordered from tesco direct ,collection @4pm

Horizon 2 bundle (no kinnect) and a second controller £306

Is destiny as good as it looks?

New alien game is very good. Shat my self several times!

They should be doing a free kecks edition with a pair of pants in the box.

It can be challenging but it makes a change to have a game that challenges you to think rather than just a couple of hours of on rails blasting. Making progress is very satisfying. Its probably one to pick up 2nd hand rather than new if you're not sure. Maybe we could start a forum game swap shop :)

Well the xbox one finally turned up last nite

Forza horizon 2 crashed after half hour,disk making a 'clacking' sound - will have to keep an eye on that

Nice joy pads and runs lovely n quiet

Found out Destiny is multiplayer only so not bothered now

Anyone played Evil Within?

Looks quite scary. :)

Why not install the games on the internal HDD, no disks to go clacking then.

I did install it.

It never asked either,just did it

As for the clacking noise I was out the room and didn't see it happen (just heard it) but me 8 year old was playing it

Not sure if people are aware of the Xbox one loophole by saying you live in america to download games at $59.99 rather than £49.99?

Makes games approx £35 depending upon the exchange rate.

How does one go about this?

Edited by Clarkyzs

Did your wife not get the colleague discount offer with her wage slip?

My Xbox one arrived Monday and I managed to get a 30% discount off it. 10% in the colleague offer booklet and a further 20% double discount.

The console without Kinect and Horizon 2 owes me around £260. Bargain.

Did your wife not get the colleague discount offer with her wage slip?

My Xbox one arrived Monday and I managed to get a 30% discount off it. 10% in the colleague offer booklet and a further 20% double discount.

The console without Kinect and Horizon 2 owes me around £260. Bargain.

If she did then she kept it quiet

But they did knock £10 off for something else (bought from Direct desk,not in store)

Dunno wot it was for,but 'every little helps'. :)

Pasted from another forum

The XBox One Thread

Here ya go, full your boots

Guide for xbox one

The xbox and games are region free, but currency isn't. Even if you download the games this way all updates and any DLC you may want will be available from your native store OR the USA store.

First off what you need to do is change the region your xbox is set to. (This is only temporary and can be changed back and to however many regions you like)

To do this press XBOX GUIDE BUTTON and go to SETTINGS go to SYSTEM go to LOCATION/REGION change to USA. (You do not need to change language or anything else) now RESTART your xbox.

When you restart your Xbox go to the store and have a look at the games to buy (they should all be in $ dollars) the top games are $59.99 or less.

To get games at £33

Now what you need to do is get some Microsoft credit to buy these games. You may be able to find a site of your choice, but I use a site called Crazygametime.com (use your UK or home country details for this) they usually email you the codes within 30 minutes. If you buy a $10 and a $50 live card from these it works out at £33. (I think buying 2x $30 works out even less) if you are registering on this site, when it comes to telephone confirmation (they ring you with a code) remember to knock the first "0" off your number. And add your country code, for Britain it is "44"

Sometimes this site is out of stock of cards, I have put a lot of customers onto them in a short amount of time. Obviously if they are out of stock that is beyond my control. They have been restocking every few days, so keep trying.

Now when you have your codes go back to your xbox and say "xbox use a code" or whatever method you use for redeeming codes on your xbox. Now enter the code(s) you got sent. Make sure you do this whilst you are in the American store.

Once you have the money in your USA stores wallet, go ahead and buy a game of your choosing.

It will ask you for a billing address. Put these details in.

STATE-- Nevada

ADDRESS LINE 1-- you can use any street name I just used THE STREET

POSTAL CODE-- 89019

TELEPHONE-- 702 607 7777

This is the postal code and telephone number of The Pelazzio hotel. You can change these if you want, you would have to google around to see different details. Nothing ever gets sent there or any telephone calls ever made.

When you have done this your game will download and you can play. You can change back to your own region and the game is still available. As promised as well, Titanfall will release on 11/03 rather than 14/03 on the USA store so you can download and play the game early. As well as many other games that release in the USA xbox store. This method worked for Tomb Raider which released early.

• Like 1

I have been fine so far.

I buy Xbox credit from the below site:

http://crazygametime.com/store/35-xbox-gift-cards

Then pay using paypal.

Add credit to xbox on the website or console

Buy games.

My region stays as USA as it means I get to play games 3 days early like Fifa that was released early in America.

Changing the region to get cheaper digital games does work but they are clamping down on it and people have been banned for doing it

No one has been banned for doing it, unless you can point to a story?

The have blocked the VPN route, as people were buying game from India and Hong Kong really really cheap. You can still buy from the US with no issue and no VPN needed.

Go to Xbox website on your computer, login to your account, change the region to USA at the bottom. Then you can shop from the website (you need to setup payment and a US address, make due you use somewhere in Delaware as there is little or no tax)

Once purchased, it will auto download to your Xbox one and you don't need to change your settings on the box.

All my games are digital