Alloy refurbishing and two-tone

Hermon

ok ...so i am on spree this month on getting my car fixed n looking good!  :rock: ...Gave my car for a minor body work and paint work. Alloys are a bit scuffed here and there too.

i am planning on getting my stock 16" alloys a new two tone look. I don't know how it may sound to you all but if you have any ideas do let me know. As of now i am thinking of Silver and black effect to it! 

Do wanna keep it in Stock-ish mode.! :notme:  I Thought i ll give the face of the alloys stock silver color and the rest of the inner part Black to give it a unique feel as i want it to contrast with the Black gloss roof that i am planning on to do next !! ...have no idea how its gonna turn out to :peek:..but hoping it would look good! 

will post pics once i get my car back! 

Mine were done in ‘Black Chrome’, which is  basically they are painted black all over then they have a light coating of silver over the front faces (inside the spokes are mainly all black with a light ‘dusting’ of silver)

Not cheap (but you are paying for the wheel to be painted twice, and they are harder to paint) but very effective IMO:

photo_zps49d640ae.jpg

Mine were done in ‘Black Chrome’, which is  basically they are painted black all over then they have a light coating of silver over the front faces (inside the spokes are mainly all black with a light ‘dusting’ of silver)

Not cheap (but you are paying for the wheel to be painted twice, and they are harder to paint) but very effective IMO:

photo_zps49d640ae.jpg

looks great !! i believe yours is 17" rims ..... mine are 16's ..i just went and had a look at my wheels today ..its half done! Black inner coat done... will get it tomorrow! hopefully it ll look better than before! 

well i'm clearly very disappointed with the way its turned out to be !! lol  :dull: ..well with that done ..i am now looking out for 18" aftermarket alloys!!   :devil:  hopefully will have a good one installed in almost two months time before christmas! 

i am too " :dull:  " to even put up some pics!! 

Edited by Hermon

Come on show us the pictures!

The issue with black and silver alloys is that they just look dirty, when the insides of the spokes are darker it looks like brake dust.

The only Skoda wheels that manage to pull it off are the Polished Proteus alloys fitted to the Octavia Scout...

17sept2010030.jpg
17sept2010037.jpg
17sept2010036.jpg
17sept2010031.jpg

Edited by silver1011

We need photo’s!!

The issue with black and silver alloys is that they just look dirty, when the insides of the spokes are darker it looks like brake dust.

The only Skoda wheels that manage to pull it off are the Polished Proteus alloys fitted to the Octavia Scout...

Sorry but as they are not black you cannot compare them with black and silver wheels!!

• 2 weeks later...