Removal of Front Seats?

As above: the runners are held down by spline bolts -can't remember if there are 4 or 6 bolts. You can tip the seats on their backs in to the rear foot wells to save removing from the car and risk bashing the paint work with the seat runners.

Take care when refitting the 4 spline bolts that you do not cross thread them, it's easy to do.

Get lots of light and you should be OK.

If you disconnect battery should have no 'air bag' problems.

You could also fit the inexpensive, useful genuine Skoda underseat storage boxes whilst you're at it. Hold lots of stuff, keeping your cockpit tidy.

You could also fit the inexpensive, useful genuine Skoda underseat storage boxes whilst you're at it. Hold lots of stuff, keeping your cockpit tidy.

+1

I was just about to say this.

If you havent already got them and you're going to be removing the seats, you might aswel tbh. Seems rude not to!

• Like 1

Yanno when the kitchen roll runs out and you're left with that cardboard tube?

Couldnt you Cellotape that to the nozzle of the hoover and squash the cardboard so it fits down the side of the seat?

Just thought of that, not sure itll work. Might be a genius moment, and i might of just expressed my retarded side

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Right spline tools coming in the next few days ready for the weekend. As for the two plugs under the seat am I best to disconnect the battery first and leave for X amount of minutes before doing anything else?

I normally do, just to be on the safe side, no point risking the outgoing seat for the sake of waiting half hour or so

• Like 1