Yeti Monte Carlo - Towbar

Velocemitch

Just ordered a Yeti Monte Carlo and I'm looking to get an after market Towbar. As far as I can workout the Monte Carlo, despite being 4x4 is actual not the Outdoor version, so I expect the fitting will be the same as an 'indoor' Car.

Is there a type of Bar which will fit without cutting the bumper, I can't seem to find one on the net.

Also do the after market kits isolate the Parking sensors?, r can you turn them off in the Car if you need too?.

As Darrell says, order the factory fit tow bar, it is both cheaper and safer than going down the "aftersale" route. It will also be correctly programmed for the rear sensors and lots of other things as well.

If your dealer says you cannot alter the order tell him to check with SUK; you can up to about 6 weeks before delivery. Many have done exactly that.

All the tow bars require the rear bumper to be cut, as the mounting bar will be situated behind it. Having the factory fit means you get a removable hook and a hatch in the bumper that is almost invisible.

EDIT.

If you are buying a "stock" vehicle then the only route will be to go aftermarket. There is an excellent towbar fitter that has been used by several here, called Northwest Towbars, and they aren't too far from you. 

That looks like a neat installation Graham, notice it's got the 13 pin socket, I was looking to get the older double electric set up I wonder if it will flip down like that?.

I recognise that user name by the way  ;)

Must be the good looking Yeti in your profile ;)

Perhaps Graham should have gone to Specsavers then, mine is the pre F/L ( bug eyed, classic whatever you want to call it) yours is the F/L? I suppose they are both white though.

• Like 1

That looks like a neat installation Graham, notice it's got the 13 pin socket, I was looking to get the older double electric set up I wonder if it will flip down like that?.

It will cost more but I would recommend you go for the detachable set up, if you go to a decent fitter, or Skoda then they will be able to fit a cover which fits on the bumper to cover where the tow bar comes out when it is not fitted, with the cover in place you would never know there was a tow bar fitted, you will have to go for a 13 pin socket in that set up but a converter is easy to source. The reverse sensor cut out is only available if you go for a vehicle specific electric set up with the new module coded to the car.

Ian.

Go down the 13 pin socket and use an adapter, as I do. The electrical connection is far better with the 13 pin, it is much more secure, and all new trailers/caravans now have to be fitted with it. Plus it folds up inside the bumper when not in use so is better protected. 

Where from? 

Darrell??

Apologies!! I shall don the dunces set and sit in the corner.

Must be the good looking Yeti in your profile ;)

You need to join me at SpecSavers!

It's because Darrell and Graham are such great mates!

I see the non-Yeti owning trolls are active.

Go down the 13 pin socket and use an adapter, as I do. The electrical connection is far better with the 13 pin, it is much more secure, and all new trailers/caravans now have to be fitted with it. Plus it folds up inside the bumper when not in use so is better protected. 

Where from? 

BRF.... Graham

Thanks for the advice, I will take it on board.