Front Brake Issue.....

I posted a while ago now about issues with my front brakes.
In heavy rain with lots of surface water at high speeds (A roads, Motorwats etc) the brakes take a couple of seconds to take a bite. Under close inspection it was found that the pads were glazzed over. Plenty meat left on them.
I did a full disc and pad change with parts from Euro Car Parts, (Not the cheap parts either). This fully cured the situation........untill now.
I suspect they have glazzed over yet again.

Anyone else experience this problem??

How about of old school braking to de-glaze them?

Like when you're breaking in performance pads, find a nice quiet stretch of road and give it some welly.. a couple of HEAVY braking cycles, then a little pootle about to cool the pads should make a world of difference.

It's not a problem, normal behaviour.

Who said they were glazed over? I suspect they weren't if this was your only issue with them.

I said they were glazzed over as thats what i found when i took the old pads off. I know a glazzed over pad when i see one.......

And due the way the brakes are behaving yet again, can only assume they have glazzed over again.

Two issues here - lack of bite after high speed driving is normal and there is nothing you can do about it other than be aware that it happens and drive accordingly.

The other is pads 'glazing' (one z ;)). From my understanding this is caused by your brakes overheating and should not happen even with fairly enthusiastic road driving, hence my doubt that they're glazed.

What brand discs/pads did you fit? Maybe there was a problem with bedding them in, or maybe a sticking caliper caused them to glaze.

as above - when you brake in the rain, the water on the disc surface first has to be cleared by the pad, either wiped off or driven off by the heat from braking

it is this which causes the initial lack of bite, subsequent brake applications should be razor sharp

I hear what your all saying, but i have NEVER experienced this behaviour with braking and iv had my fare share of cars.

The fact that when i took the old pads off 8 months ago after these symptoms to find them glazed over, put new pads and discs (pagid pads), and now, 8 months down the line, im getting exactly the same symptoms again. That isnt normal behaviour for brake pads of 8 month old. 

The car doesnt get booted or driven hard. It does do alot of 60mph braking.

The pads will be gettng removed and de-glazzed next weekend.