1.9 tdi clutch help

stu40

do you think the release bearing fork is damaged been having difficult get it in to gear when engine is running can't get it to go in to revers or could it be the slave cylinder any help appreciated

I took the gear box out today the fork for the release bearing has damage at the top and bottom of it you can see it in the pictures and there is metal bits in the gear box housing have not check it yet .back a bit sore just now

that lever with wear should be fine when u put new clutch in. check that the lever pivotsokay on the ball pivot.

i reckon your gear mis selection could be worn bushes on yourlinkage. check out the spring/lever mechanism witht the little whitebushesand check for wear

wil have a look tomorrow there was a clicking noise when the clutch was not pressed in but a soon as you pressed it in the clicking would stop .also could not put in to gear with engine running had to start it in gear with clutch pressed in ,you just had to let clutch up about a inch and it would bit

Edited by stu40

so just been out to check the master and slave cylinder for leaks all clear as far as I can see,then went to check the release bearing and fork the cover of the bearing just came right off so could this be the problem any thoughts cheers

post-60349-0-04035600-1414508595_thumb.jpg

post-60349-0-13959800-1414508633_thumb.jpg

post-60349-0-46098900-1414508667_thumb.jpg

post-60349-0-94667300-1414508699_thumb.jpg

post-60349-0-00970500-1414508742_thumb.jpg

hi just been out check the release bearing fork going to have to get a new one just noticed it has cracks in it clutch seems ok so going to change just the bearing and fork see how it go's

Edited by stu40

just a wee update new release bearing and fork fitted job was not as hard as I thought it would be ,only a couple things I had to do before starting the job .i had to make my own engine brase I used cargo straps to hold the engine in place and to hold the gear box could not use my trolly jack to lift the gearbox up because my driveway has small stones on it,only other problem I had was when the gearbox was being pulled up it kept catching on where the wish bones connect to the subframe so after a bit heed scratching thought if I turn the box so the axle flanges where pointing up slide the box in then turn it to right that way the axle flanges are sitting above the subframe so all done clutch feels good

cheers

stuart

looking on the pressure plate,I bet you have a DMF ,if still asking

the model with the missing tooth is for DMF

and the fork is bend,that;s why is rubbing on the pressure plate,in case if you still wondering.... :)

Edited by IulianE