Auto-locking of doors when speed exceeds 8mph

Hi Guys

I'm in the process of buying a Sep 13 Fabia Elegance 1.2 TSi estate to replace my 6 year old Fabia 3 1.4 16v.  I want the auto-locking feature enabled for personal safety (I was the victim of a road rage driver just yesterday evening and cannot contemplate driving with my doors unlocked).  Can someone confirm this feature is still available and how to activate it?

Thanks

Edited by Little Jo

Easily enabled by a dealer or anyone with vagcom/vcds :thumbup:

This ^

A local tuning place did mine as they had vagcom, charged me £30 for as many changes as i wanted. However, somebody local may do it for you from on here if you look on the VCDS map on this forum.

Have a search around to see if theres anything else you want activating whilst theyre doing it.

The following is just a few things thst can be done

-Needle sweep

- anti hijack (this is what you want)

- steering weight changes (vrs setting etc)

- emergency brake indicator flash

- teardrop wipers

- big MPH on display (on maxidot only i think)

Etc etc

When you tried the car are you sure the Auto Locking not already enabled.

As the others say, easily done.

But you still have to move off before it works,

so you can get Pedestrian Rage or Cyclist rage before you move, and locking the door is a good defence against that.

Great!  Thanks guys!  The salesman didn't know the feature was available.  They have a big VW dealership as well, so someone in the workshops should know how to do it.  It's a great feature.  In fact, the Fabia is a great car and the estate version is just amazing.  It's just so practical and so easy to live with.  Not sure about the new version - not seen one in the flesh yet, but the info I saw said the new estate will have a smaller boot, but will be bigger overall.  I had a look at the Rapid, but prefer the fab Fabia!  :sun:

• Like 1

When you tried the car are you sure the Auto Locking not already enabled.

As the others say, easily done.

But you still have to move off before it works,

so you can get Pedestrian Rage or Cyclist rage before you move, and locking the door is a good defence against that.

And we get back onto the self defence tools discussed in another thread haha.

• Like 2

get down the Gym and bulk up, the you can beat the crap out of said road rager,

Ah, but then you become the rager and they are the innocent victim who went to 'remonstrate'  :D . Just get the locking done I say.

My dealer doesn't know how to activate the feature.  They haven't been asked for it before.  Any of your guys with the necessary software within easy reach of East Herts/Essex Border?  Or can I have a some guidance to pass to my supplying dealer?

Jo

It seems dealers vary. On our Roomster, or dealer said they could do it, along with turning off single door entry. They managed the single door, but instead of enabling drive away locking, they have managed to disable the hazard flash on lock and unlock. The lamp in the lock switch in the console also now has a mind of its own. So check it carefully when you pick it up from a dealer. I'd have taken ours back, but they get it back anyway when its traded in for the new Fabia in a couple of weeks.

My dealer doesn't know how to activate the feature. They haven't been asked for it before. Any of your guys with the necessary software within easy reach of East Herts/Essex Border? Or can I have a some guidance to pass to my supplying dealer?

Jo

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/224376-vcds-owners-map/

Find somebody local and active on there. PM them and pop the question. Im sure somebody will sort you out :)

'Fatbloke' did abit of coding for me a few months back. Top bloke and didnt even want any money. Obviously i gave him £20 for his time and effort though. He really helped me out :)

My dealer doesn't know how to activate the feature.  They haven't been asked for it before.  Any of your guys with the necessary software within easy reach of East Herts/Essex Border?  Or can I have a some guidance to pass to my supplying dealer?

Jo

I've got the kit and am in the Chelmsford area if you want a trip down the A414.