alternative seats

gingermonster

Hi all am looking to replace the front seats in my adventure as am fed up with the lack of lumbar support was thinking of getting some S-Line seats from an Audi but what model would fit its either a case of swop out the front seats and store the originals till sale time or change the car which I don't really want to do as I love the car

In all the years I've been here I don't think I've heard of anyone swapping seats for those of another vehicle.

Since the seats contain air bags you would need to check electrical compatibility carefully.

My first thoughts were along the lines of Graham's - the seats contain electronics that may or may not be compatible (occupancy sensors etc). Maybe worth looking for some Yeti seats with lumbar built-in? Or look at getting an aftermarket lumbar pad installed in your seats?

FWIW, lumbar support is near the top of my 'must have' options, if not standard-fit. My Yeti's seats have never given a moment's concern with respect to comfort.

• Like 1

Probably doesn't help, but some (interesting to me at least) info from partscat on seats for the Yeti, Tiguan and Q3:

Yeti:

http://www.partscats.info/skoda/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=sk&number=155&set=157&ein=2011&f=666&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=8&grf=088101666&bf=88101&hgug=881&ug=81&parent_id=236588

Tiguan:

http://www.partscats.info/volkswagen/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=vw&number=2110&set=2114&ein=2011&f=634&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=8&grf=088100634&bf=88105&hgug=881&ug=81&parent_id=3000846&detail_id=3000851

Q3:

http://www.partscats.info/audi/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=au&number=1092&set=1093&ein=2012&f=728&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=8&grf=088100647&bf=88100&hgug=881&ug=81&parent_id=2054414

They all look like they mount in a similar way, but of course you can't be sure of dimensions.

Interestingly the Q3 has options of tilt adjustment for the base, and the ability to extend the base under the drivers legs. Both things I wish the Yeti had !

...and the ability to extend the base under the drivers legs. 

I've test-driven a couple of Q3's with this sort of seat. And I thought (beforehand) that it was a really appealing feature. But in practice (and, OK, only in a couple of hour-long test drives) I didn't find it comfortable and ended up with the extension tucked right back in as the best-fit option. Of course, we're all different shapes and sizes. 

useful info that muddyboots the tiguan looks almost identical perhaps r-line spec could be nice, best fit would be some elegance spec seats but have been unable to find any at a sensible price if I had been able to drive an adventure spec yeti before purchase then wouldn't have bought one but never gave it a thought that there was no lumbar adjustment just assumed it was there when spending 21 grand on a car lol

DarrellGB do you know what colour they are, if black could you message me some contact info

I've messaged him to check the colour (I know it's dark but double checking) and the price for you :)

I know where there's a 2013 Yeti Elegence breaking but not if the interiors would match?

The electric lumbar support is an optional extra though, so may not not included in them (and the difference in lumbar adjustment between the electrically and manually adjustable lumbar supports is huge!)

thank chaps for your input am hunting for some elegance seats now but they seem to be like the proverbial rocking horse ****. nearly chopped her in for another octy VRS that my local dealer has but could not get the numbers to stack up