New owner of VRS SE #897

Relatively new member of the forum and was set on buying a VRS from here in the hope I was buying one that had been looked after. Travelled from Glasgow to Worcester on Saturday to buy Carla's VRS SE and I wasn't disappointed! Got it straight home and started with the g3 and polish the next morning, will be posting more pics soon with updates on the car :)

post-122567-0-29849700-1414532697_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Relatively new member of the forum and was set on buying a VRS from here in the hope I was buying one that had been looked after. Travelled from Glasgow to Worcester on Saturday to buy Carla's VRS SE and I wasn't disappointed! Got it straight home and started with the g3 and polish the next morning, will be posting more pics soon with updates on the car :)

Enjoy your SE vRS.

Used to love mine,probably the best bang for the £ I've ever purchased. Would like to see her again .

PX with a MK2 via Horton's of Lincoln.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Haven't got a machine polisher yet so haven't bothered with G3.. used to use it before prepping cars for sale in my old job and it was awesome!!

You don't really need to machine polish with it for a good finish, although it does make a big difference!

Any issues with the motor that you've found?

Besides the usual leaking rear doors and front consoles mines been OK (except recently when I've found my steering rack has a small leak on it).

You don't really need to machine polish with it for a good finish, although it does make a big difference!

the results with a machine were awesome.. used some autoglym super resin polish, really happy with it :)

Any issues with the motor that you've found?

Besides the usual leaking rear doors and front consoles mines been OK (except recently when I've found my steering rack has a small leak on it).

What's the issue with the front console? Rear doors have been fine so far touch wood!!!

By front consoles I think he may be referring to the wishbone 'console' bushes. They are a very common failure item on the vRS but you can buy some factory up-rated ones for ~£30, cupra console bushes I think they are called. Basically solid rubber instead of voided so they not only last longer but improve the steering feel and handling of the car. 

Had my car up on the ramp in my work yesterday to get a look over it and everything seems perfect! No leaky doors, console bushes seem fine but really need to get my front pads out at the weekend for a clean as the tiny squeal off them drives me a bit mad at times but an easy fix at least!