Fitting hids

Son is about to fit hids in the Monte Carlo as the lights are pi$$ poor in the fabia , however the high/ low mechanism needs an electrical feed yes ? , so if we take the feed from the headlamp into the ballast and then connect the hids how is the high beam mechanism suppose to get a live feed to switch from high / low beam ? Anyone done

Lots of threads re this. It's a straight forward plug and play to fit HID and ballasts. 35w slimline canbus pro are the sets of choice and many recommend HID Direct as a seller.

I have them fitted on mine, 20 minute job with decent results. I used 6000k bulbs others have used 5000k.

The high beam switch works perfect there is no problem with power.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You dont need to interfere with the high/ low shutter feeds.

You just need to use the h7 bulb plug to feed the ballast, connect it all up (pretty difficult to do wrong) and youll be fine (:

Edit: the power to the shutter which does the high/low has a separate feed thats out the way and you dont need to worry about :).

The h7 connector plug was only providing power to light up the halogen bulb anyway.

• Like 1

brothers fitting his at weekend , HID direct too.

I have to say i usually scorn everyone for fitting HID's to non xenon equipped cars.  However the lights on the Fabia are so **** poor it warrants it from a safety point of view.

However i will say, however bad the Fabia is , it's no where near as bad as my mates halogen equipped Evoque.

would be interested to hear retain after fitting

I would also get the leveling checked once done as Skoda seem to set them at the lowest MOT tolerance. Usually get that done for a small donation to the beer fund at the local test station.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

brothers fitting his at weekend , HID direct too.

I have to say i usually scorn everyone for fitting HID's to non xenon equipped cars. However the lights on the Fabia are so **** poor it warrants it from a safety point of view.

However i will say, however bad the Fabia is , it's no where near as bad as my mates halogen equipped Evoque.

would be interested to hear retain after fitting

Hids are only bad if fitted to reflector lenses. The fabia's got projectors so it keeps the beam pattern neat and tidy :)

Also, its just the black pack lights that are bad, and as Jonro says, they just often need the alignment setting.

No not fitted yet but mot centre hear is very "good" and as long as they are fitted to projectors and correctly levelled shouldn't be an issue will let you know how they perform once fitted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-ICE-WHITE-ERROR-FREE-H7-6000K-STANDARD-/110919715258?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d35489ba

• Like 1

No not fitted yet but mot centre hear is very "good" and as long as they are fitted to projectors and correctly levelled shouldn't be an issue will let you know how they perform once fitted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-ICE-WHITE-ERROR-FREE-H7-6000K-STANDARD-/110919715258?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d35489ba

I'll look forward to hearing what you think :)

Glad you like it :). Enjoy!

Just the time of year now when decent lights are really needed isnt it :)

I went for a ride this afternoon. Although I've got a clock on the bike, because its soo dark it felt really late.

I got home at 6:15 haha

Yes Sharky same as yours easy peasy fit , the bottom of the bulb( black plastic) needs a wee trim and slight adaptation but they are bloody perfecto ! Seriously get them £30 H7 absolutely no errors and made by toyo sports , these usually go for £50 at least, you just make a small cut to get cable through the plastic cover , you'll need to change your sidelight to LED to match the hids though ( of does the VRS have dummie sides ) get them Sharky

Edited by seboni121
  • Like 1

Yes Sharky same as yours easy peasy fit , the bottom of the bulb( black plastic) needs a wee trim and slight adaptation but they are bloody perfecto ! Seriously get them £30 H7 absolutely no errors and made by toyo sports , these usually go for £50 at least, you just make a small cut to get cable through the plastic cover , you'll need to change your sidelight to LED to match the hids though ( of does the VRS have dummie sides ) get them Sharky

By plastic cover i presume you mean the rubber boot to get wires through?

These are £7 from a dealers

yeah, sidelight dummies, they are the LED DRL's when the headlights are on ;)

seriously considering it :)

thanks!

yeah, sidelight dummies, they are the LED DRL's when the headlights are on ;)

seriously considering it :)

thanks!

Seriously worth doing. Love mine, and I've got the silver pack lights with hids in dip and osram night breakers in high (tried hids in high too. It doesnt work)!

Much more light output and a much classier look.

• Like 1