Forge actuator

I was just curious ?

Do they help hold or maintain boost longer or such ?

not really needed on your motor.

If you have done lot's of miles  then i would still say get a std one as good enough for your tune.

on older higher mileage cars the diaphragm gets weak over time and the waste gate can flutter due to weakness.

On higher running boost  and bigger turbos/hybrid's a stronger actuator may be used.

out of interest i found this thread the other day

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5700226-Wastegate-Actuator-Spring-Mod

As my motor has done close to 160k miles now  (10 times your probably :D ) I might try that mod

As safer than winding up the tension on the actuator

Clive what you recon....

Also, you'll need your map adjusted if you fiddle with the behaviour of your wastegate, otherwise you may get too big a boost spike. I run a 10psi BBT with mapping by R-tech. Without the N75 plugged in, it still made 217 bhp/229 lbft and held 0.7 bar/10 psi all the way through to the 7200rpm limiter. It's more fun with the N75 plugged in obviously.