Electric boot issues - mkII estate

Hi, newly subscribed to the forums which have been a good source of info since I became a superb owner 2 years ago - thanks.

I have two issues that have come up recently with the electric boot which from a search of the forum noone seems to have experienced but any advice would be welcome.

1. The internal boot release button on the gearstick console has started to intermittently not work. I'm thinking faulty switch or dirty connection, but dealership claimed they were unable to reproduce the fault and did nothing. Given the cars still in warranty I'd prefer they resolve the issue before I start poking around. The remote and handle on the boot function with no issue.

2. The dealer carried out a recall notice (#55I1) which is for excessively noisy electric motors in the boot - both motors were replaced, however since then when the boot has been fully opened it sets off the single continuous tone (indicating the force limiter/obstruction), there is no obvious obstruction or contact with the vehicle body, so I've booked the vehicle back in to the dealers. I've since reset the top position of the boot just lower than where it was setting off the tone, wondering if this is all that's required and the dealer missed this step during installation or if there's some other issue from when they replaced the motors.

Cheers,

Angus

I had the electric motors replaced some weeks ago, guess it's the same recall notice. We did not notice any problems with the old ones.

The new motors are much faster with the result that the boot slams down way too hard when it closes.

I will bring the car back to the dealer.

Edited by driverhs

So my Superb has been back at the dealers today.

In regards issue #1 they still claim there is no issue with the switch, and they've now got me questioning in what circumstances the internal boot release button used to function.  

So Would appreciate if another MkII owner with the electric boot could confirm for me does the internal button work:

1. when the ignition is turned on

2. when ignition is off

3. A driver/passenger door is open

Dealer claims that the button doesn't function when either of the 4 doors are open (regardless the issue occured when I had all 4 doors closed).  Getting very frustrated as this is the only Skoda dealership in my state, so I can't go elsewhere

Edited by moosemac

I sat in a demonstrator last week. 2014 Superb Combi (facelift) with electric boot. I tried it with the drivers door open, ignition off and no key in the car. The button in the cabin worked as it should, and opened the boot :)

Sadly, the "same" model car sold in different countries may have differences in operations due to a mixture of local standards and legislation.

Hence what may occur in a car for the UK (or Norway or Denmark) markets may not apply to one sold in Australia.

Can you contact whatever the Oz equivalent of Skoda UK is (presumably Skoda.com.au) and ask them for the definitive local answer?

• 3 weeks later...