2.0 diesel 2WD - real mpg

eribaMotters

I have just filled up after first good long run and was pleasantly suprised. Two up with a boot full of gear the drive was from Southend-on-sea in Essex to Southport, so motorways and good dual carriageways. On the way up I tried to stick to 70mph, maxidot registering 54 mpg, and on the way back 55/60mph, maxidot registering 65 mpg. The car now has just under 4,000 miles on the clock and covered the 607 miles on 47.67L brim to brim filling. Thats just under 58 mpg. As we all know the maxidot is a bit generous,so the 5% less than shown is I guess about right, judging what others have said.

Colin

I monitored the consumption of my 110 2wd elegance throughout its 65k life. A mixture of urban A & B road use, but also a lot of 70mph on motorways.

Overall average was about 45mpg

Dropped to 35 or so commuting around town, and on a careful run I could get 60mpg out of it.

Maxidot was consistently 5mpg or more higher throughout.

My current greenline is 5 to 10mpg better all the time

• Like 1

I monitored the consumption of my 110 2wd elegance throughout its 65k life. A mixture of urban A & B road use, but also a lot of 70mph on motorways.

Overall average was about 45mpg

Dropped to 35 or so commuting around town, and on a careful run I could get 60mpg out of it.

Maxidot was consistently 5mpg or more higher throughout.

My current greenline is 5 to 10mpg better all the time

Your figures coincide with mine and I think are a more accurate indication of the TRUE mpg than those quoted as "snap shots" from specific journeys. There are so many variables that affect MPG that it's a bit like chasing smoke. Not only does the driving method make a big difference but things like location also come into the equation.

Those drivers who live in a flat area will benefit, even more so if all their journeys are slightly downhill. :giggle: 

Weather also comes into it as well, my current 140 DSG warms up a lot quicker than my 110 did, the list is endless.

Having said that I agree that the 110 seems to have the best overall MPG of the 2ltr diesels in my limited experience of 2 very different Yetis.

Fred

Have a look at my fuelly data in my signature - I think I'm close to the magical 50mpg these days - 23k miles covered. 

Towing my light caravan I am getting 35-38 with my 2WD 2.0 Elegance.

On a run around 44-47mpg, 33-35mpg around town, I use premium

diesel as other than towing my milages are lower than they used to be

and I understand it burns cleaner so helping the dpf out.

I have had as much as 70mpg showing on the maxidot after a gentle two hour A-road run. Typically long journeys are low 60s with around town around the late 40s. Average on maxidot tends to show mid-50s per tank (I reset everything when filling up).

I record my actual mpg based on mileage between fill-ups and it's averaged out at 54mpg overall.

Historically, my driving style and journey types in diesel cars I have owned tends to hit mfg combined mpg regardless of what car I have and the Yeti seems to follow that pattern. Interestingly, petrol cars I gave owned only ever manage abot 85-90% og the mfg combined mpg.

Cheers

Rog

FYI - I have owned 40 cars over the last 20 years

Towing my light caravan I am getting 35-38 with my 2WD 2.0 Elegance.

On a run around 44-47mpg, 33-35mpg around town, I use premium

diesel as other than towing my milages are lower than they used to be

and I understand it burns cleaner so helping the dpf out.

What van do you tow & whats its miro?

I believe Gumdrop tows an eriba, I think a Triton. If so miro is either 1000 or 1200kg.

I also tow an eriba, and have owned vans with miro of 1000, 1300 and at present 900kg.

My previous car was a 1.9tdi VW Touran whose mpg figures are very similar to my present 110 bhp 2WD Yeti.

I can confirm the towing figures. Fully loaded at French legal speeds I would get 30-33mpg. In the UK at reduced legal speeds 36mpg loaded to 40mpg empty are typical figures.

Colin

I believe Gumdrop tows an eriba, I think a Triton. If so miro is either 1000 or 1200kg.

I also tow an eriba, and have owned vans with miro of 1000, 1300 and at present 900kg.

My previous car was a 1.9tdi VW Touran whose mpg figures are very similar to my present 110 bhp 2WD Yeti.

I can confirm the towing figures. Fully loaded at French legal speeds I would get 30-33mpg. In the UK at reduced legal speeds 36mpg loaded to 40mpg empty are typical figures.

Colin

Thanks for that. My van is 1165 miro & we put about 100 kgs in, including battery etc.

I've test drove the 110 as thats more my price bracket and it seems to have plenty of grunt, just need to know if it will tow my van okay before I sign on the dotted line.

The 110 PS two wheel drive Yeti is an excellent towcar. My van weighs in at 1265 kg max weight and it manages it fine. I have towed around 1000 miles in the last 8 months at an average of 32.3 mpg. So long as you don't intend to buy a much heavier van I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Like 1

The 110 PS two wheel drive Yeti is an excellent towcar. My van weighs in at 1265 kg max weight and it manages it fine. I have towed around 1000 miles in the last 8 months at an average of 32.3 mpg. So long as you don't intend to buy a much heavier van I'm sure you'll be fine.

Excellent, thanks for that.

What van do you tow & whats its miro?

It was an Eriba Troll 540, I towed this to the CC Sandringham site, it was the 1000kg. model.

I now have a Bailley Orion 400/2 which is a similar weight at 959kg. Both tow beautifully.

(The Lioness likes Bailey caravans, I love Eriba's )

Hi! Colin

Edited by gumdrop
  • Like 1

46.1 for mine. 2WD/110 just coming up to 50,000 miles. On a motorway run with just me in it. 50MPG or more is easily achievable. Bit less with the family in/bikes on the back/town driving. Never get close to the combined as per the spec, but then didn't expect to either..

• 2 weeks later...