Got my VRS s couple days ago

Afternoon good people,

Picked up my Candy white 59 plate tsi (I am aware of the cam tensioner problems) on Tuesday after 3 and 1/2 hours drive from Norwich to Westgate in Grimsby. Worth every second! Has been a big jump coming from a 1.2 fiesta zetec to the 2.0 turbo, enjoyed every mile of the drive home and the trip reckons I got 39 mpg, used just over a quarter a tank which surprised me as I was expecting to use half a tank, and I wasn't driving like the elderly. Very positive experience from Westgate, Paul Buffey was really helpful throughout. Will definitely use them for future purchases. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all.

P

• Like 2

+1 very nice. We also bought from Westgate and they were fine to deal with and agreed to a free alignment as rear tires were showing signs of saw toothing.

We have friends who live your way and have driven that route a couple of times. If its clear it can be a great drive.

Thats a big jump - I went from a 998cc corsa life (the most basic of basic) to this and it still puts a smile on my face.

Enjoy

• Like 1

+1 very nice. We also bought from Westgate and they were fine to deal with and agreed to a free alignment as rear tires were showing signs of saw toothing.

We have friends who live your way and have driven that route a couple of times. If its clear it can be a great drive.

Thats a big jump - I went from a 998cc corsa life (the most basic of basic) to this and it still puts a smile on my face.

Enjoy

Yeah it was quite a long day! Nearly 8 hours drive in total, it's weird being in the bigger car, i the fiesta I only enjoyed driving it when I had my foot down, I don't have that same urge in the Vrs, it's like I just enjoy driving it, whatever speed.

Think we need some pictures! As you've found out you can get reasonable consumption from a tsi on a trip, but around town you can often expect to get below 30 and if you give it some others have got around 20mpg. Don't let that put you off though as I'm sure you didn't buy it because of it's mpg numbers. Usually the trip over reads a bit so brim to brim and doing the maths is the only accurate way if that interests you.

Enjoy your vRS, they're a very underated car. Be prepared for some stick off your mates but a quick spin in the passenger seat usually shuts them up.

Think we need some pictures! As you've found out you can get reasonable consumption from a tsi on a trip, but around town you can often expect to get below 30 and if you give it some others have got around 20mpg. Don't let that put you off though as I'm sure you didn't buy it because of it's mpg numbers. Usually the trip over reads a bit so brim to brim and doing the maths is the only accurate way if that interests you.

Enjoy your vRS, they're a very underated car. Be prepared for some stick off your mates but a quick spin in the passenger seat usually shuts them up.

Not bothered about what me mates might say, you should see what they drive! I was a little worried that it would cost me a fortune to run, the amount of miles I do a year doesn't warrant me getting the Tdi, and even if I did I would always want the Tsi anyway so I thought sod it!

Will take some pics when I spare minute! Will be getting the alloys sprayed gloss black at some point, not everyone's cup of tea but there's something about white cars with black wheels

TBH you've probably chosen wisely because if you had opted for the tdi you would have got an older car with more miles on and more than likely the pd engine which is known for issues with the dpf as it was never designed to be used with one. I like the sod it attitude. The only problems with black alloys is they mark easily and are a bu88er to keep clean, so if you do get them refurbed get some carbon collective ceramic sealer for around £20 - if you're interested look in the styling and care section as Chris RS has obtained a brisky discount. As far as cups of tea are concerned there's a few white blacklines out there so you won't be alone.

TBH you've probably chosen wisely because if you had opted for the tdi you would have got an older car with more miles on and more than likely the pd engine which is known for issues with the dpf as it was never designed to be used with one. I like the sod it attitude. The only problems with black alloys is they mark easily and are a bu88er to keep clean, so if you do get them refurbed get some carbon collective ceramic sealer for around £20 - if you're interested look in the styling and care section as Chris RS has obtained a brisky discount. As far as cups of tea are concerned there's a few white blacklines out there so you won't be alone.

That's originally what I wanted, finances wouldn't allow it, il do the next best thing and get the wheels and windows done.

Edited by Booters
  • Like 1

I want to know how the hell you're getting 39mpg!! No where near that on mine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's what it said, hasn't been anywhere near that since that trip, I'm going on a long run this Sunday lets see what I get then, I'm averaging 32-33 at the minute

Lol 1.2 Feesty to a VRS petrol I bet you're enjoying yourself :D

The 2.0T (I had a TFSI) mpg responds very well to careful driving, you can eek out the fuel if you want to.

Keep an eye on the speedo, for the first few weeks when I was overtaking I ended up going a fair bit faster than I thought. Above 80 each increment is 20mph not 10 :angel:

Lol 1.2 Feesty to a VRS petrol I bet you're enjoying yourself :D

The 2.0T (I had a TFSI) mpg responds very well to careful driving, you can eek out the fuel if you want to.

Keep an eye on the speedo, for the first few weeks when I was overtaking I ended up going a fair bit faster than I thought. Above 80 each increment is 20mph not 10 :angel:

Yep already had a bit of that haha!