Current market for 2nd hand vRS's (CR Estates in particular)

For those that have been selling their vRS's recently (face-lifts in particular), how quick did you get a sale, how much interest did you get and where did you advertise?

For those who have recently bought a vRS (particularly CR Estates) was there much choice available, did you find your car easily and what about prices?

There doesn't seem to be that many on the market at the moment. Even less if you want a DSG. I got lucky when I bought mine as there was one 40 miles away with the spec I liked. What budget are you looking at?

I will shortly be looking to sell, so interested to know what the current market is like and where is the best place to advertise.

Join freedom & advertise it in the for sale section on here. 

That's an option, but I'm looking for the place where I'll get the most viewings, the best price and the quickest sale.

I've had plenty of success on eBay Motors, it allows for far more personalisation of the advert, you can add text around the pictures and tell a story about the car's history.

All Autotrader ad's (trade or private) are just lists of spec with (if your lucky) one line of detail.

The high price of the new MkIII vRS is keeping demand for the MkII higher than expected. There is a reason there are so few used examples around, owners are holding on to them.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I traded my TFSI in a few months ago and the dealer stuck it on their 2nd hand lot. I thought it was overpriced but it still sold within a week. So I guess the market for decent used VRSs is pretty healthy even more so for diesels.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

I've had plenty of success on eBay Motors, it allows for far more personalisation of the advert, you can add text around the pictures and tell a story about the car's history.

All Autotrader ad's (trade or private) are just lists of spec with (if your lucky) one line of detail.

The high price of the new MkIII vRS is keeping demand for the MkII higher than expected. There is a reason there are so few used examples around, owners are holding on to them.

Good luck!

Agreed regarding owners holding on to them. I have two now, both 2010, a petrol vRS estate and a 1.8 TSI Scout. 57k and 53k respectively. They are going nowhere - as they are worth far more to me than they are worth (£), if you know what I mean!

Good luck with selling, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer!

• Like 1

It wouldn't be your car (blue, sunroof, xenons etc.) that has come up on eBay in the last few days would it?

Would be good to find out that we're coming to view a fellow Briskodian's car on saturday...

A

I traded my TFSI in a few months ago and the dealer stuck it on their 2nd hand lot. I thought it was overpriced but it still sold within a week. So I guess the market for decent used VRSs is pretty healthy even more so for diesels.

dealers are taking the pi$$ with 2nd hand prices,  £17k for a 2 year old vrs   :no:

you can get a discounted new mk3 vrs for £19500

fools and there money are easily parted 

That's intetesting as when I got my Blackline the dealer had 2 TSI's in stock he'd had for some time and said then that at tne time they were a lot harder to shift than the tdi and the diesel never made it to the forecourt so guess the popularity of the mk3 is increasing interest in mk2 petrol vRS's. Some people probably don't want to wait or pay the extra I guess which leads straight into the dealers hands.

Would definitely recommend ebay. I advertised my last car on here for two weeks without interest. Advertised on ebay for £15 on Wed, first phone call on Thu, viewing on Fri and sold for cash on Sat. Sold to the 1st caller but had loads of interest.

I would still recommend advertising on here but you will get a wider audience on ebay and the like if you require a quicker sale.

That's intetesting as when I got my Blackline the dealer had 2 TSI's in stock he'd had for some time and said then that at tne time they were a lot harder to shift than the tdi and the diesel never made it to the forecourt so guess the popularity of the mk3 is increasing interest in mk2 petrol vRS's. Some people probably don't want to wait or pay the extra I guess which leads straight into the dealers hands.

My 07 with 83k on the clock and non-dealer service history went on for £5800. I thought that was daft as I'd never pay that for a 7yr old VRS. Obviously I don't know what it went for in the end but it went quickly.

Mine was clean, I'd hidden the rust on the sills (apologies to the new owner) but otherwise was looked after. Dealer were keen to take it which was a change from previous experience where the dealer flat out said he didn't want a big petrol that wasn't a BMW. I got £4250 for the car which might seem rubbish now but 3yr ago I was only getting offered £5250.

• Like 1

How much do you reckon I'd get for my 60 plate TSI Estate? Immaculate 1 owner with 42k miles FSSH..... I don't need the space anymore, in fact I could prolly get away with a Mini, lol

I will shortly be looking to sell, so interested to know what the current market is like and where is the best place to advertise.

What are you looking at as a replacement? Keep looking myself but most stuff looks overpriced, fat and lardy or a combination of the two  :D

I must be going soft in my old age but 308 looks interesting AND light, 308 GT could end up being an interesting package......

How much do you reckon I'd get for my 60 plate TSI Estate? Immaculate 1 owner with 42k miles FSSH..... I don't need the space anymore, in fact I could prolly get away with a Mini, lol

If you can afford to run it and there are no problems I'd keep it. Damn good car. IMHO you'd need to spend a lot to get a much better car.

I changed because 1)I'd had the car 7yr, 2)it was starting to rust, needed tyres, tax and next service was another cambelt 3)I wanted an estate with roof bars for bikes since my son is getting older.

I was still sorry to see it go.

I'll happily sell my CR for the right offer. Prices do seem to be holding. Do not see many with options. Mines fully kitted apart from sunroof.

Maybe it's a good time to change car?

Looks like a bit of non-Freedom advertising to me

Shame on you

:(

Shame on YOU Brimma, for not reading the post correctly.

I was simply trying to gauge the current market as per my opening post.

The Octavia 2 forum was obviously the place to enquire about how buyers and sellers had found the market and where they had looked/advertised.

Shame on YOU Brimma, for not reading the post correctly.

I was simply trying to gauge the current market as per my opening post.

The Octavia 2 forum was obviously the place to enquire about how buyers and sellers had found the market and where they had looked/advertised.

So you're not planning on selling in the very near future then, just trying to gauge the strength of the market

Okay