TPMS via maxidot?

I just came across this on a Finnish forum:

Octavia_II_Tyre_Monitor_Maxidot.jpg

I don't speak Finnish and google translate didn't really help but it seems to suggest its on an Octavia 2 FL...  Is this correct, I thought it was via a dash board button...?

Thanks

Dave

Edited by Quattrodaveuk

It could be, but they show a colour Maxidot display though.

I'd looked at that kit but dismissed it because of this assuming it was only compatible with newer (possibly Mk3) cars despite what it says.

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/how-retrofit-indirect-tire-pressure-monitoring-5-minutes-7k6-50164.html

If you copy and paste the above link it shows you how to code the basic tpms with no switch providing you have the correct ABS pump/system. I've done mine and it works fine

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/how-retrofit-indirect-tire-pressure-monitoring-5-minutes-7k6-50164.html

If you copy and paste the above link it shows you how to code the basic tpms with no switch providing you have the correct ABS pump/system. I've done mine and it works fine

Thanks for the link,  I did think about activating but not installing the switch but decided I didn't want to have to cart the laptop around on the off chance it needed resetting, also I don't like empty switch blanks :D just need to find the last 2 switches for the dash...!

Many thanks

Dave

Edited by Quattrodaveuk

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Eddie. Any chance of some part numbers please and yes I have maxidot and just about to get my wheels sorted so I suppose its a good time to do it by the sounds of it.

Edited by Morph