ABS gurus, I need you help

Car is a Octavia 2000 1.9Tdi. It started with the ABS suddenly activating after driving 200m and then the ABS light would come on. I pulled the fuse to not have the ABS activating. Then when I got around to fixing it, I put the fuse back and now the ABS light does not come off after ignition is on. I have check all the sensors and rear left does not show any reading on the resistance meter. The others are between 0.98 and 1.04. The strange thing is that rear left is at 5v, not 2.5v like the others, when I measure the harness for wire breakage. Off course the sensor was stuck, but I tried to plug in the new one and turn the ignition on, still the ABS light wouldn't come off. Do I have to reset something in the ECU after the new sensor is installed?

How do you get a stuck sensor off? Taking of the rear brake disc and tapping it from that side after heating the area?

I had to hammer it, I had to spear it, I had to set it on fire and hammer it some more. But I finally got it out. I had to scrape and sand the hole forever to get the new one in before I just sanded the sensor itself. It was in and straight after sanding the ring itself also. In the meantime I had disconnected the battery hoping resetting more than just the clock. When turning the ignition, light did not come off. But after driving 200m, it was off. Oh joy.

I'm not looking forward to the day one of the front sensor gives out. Then the hub probably must come off to get the sensor off. I noticed the ring had rusted and expanded some places and worn the sensor so that the distance to the ring was variable. Not fun.

Btw, couldn't get my OBD serial to USB reader to work with VCDS. Any recommendation for ebay ODB USB reader?

Btw, couldn't get my OBD serial to USB reader to work with VCDS. Any recommendation for ebay ODB USB reader?

VCDS or VCDS Lite? Won't work with the former, should do with the latter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ok, think I tried both. "Port ok, interface not found" when I connetct it. OBD-plug starts glowing when I connect to the car. Which reader should I get to make it form with VCDS "full"?

to be able to use the full version you need a Ross Tech cable. Look at Gendan or Illexa, any eBay cables claiming to work with the full version will almost certainly be fake.

To get a cheap cable and VCDS lite working can involve some faffing about to make you have the right common port selected and you may need to fiddle with the connection speed in windows to get it to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk