Soggy drivers foot well

Door carrier letting water in? Just sealed all of mine for good measure. Even though someone had already done them one of the rear ones was dripping water past the seal when I took the door card off. I had noticed last autumn/winter that the car always seemed steamed up more than other people's cars.

Do you live or park near alot of trees/leaves?
If you look under the bonnet and have a few leaves in the top corners, you could have a block under the panel that the wipers go through (there probably is a name for it) the leaves clog the drain and its overflows and pours in the car either via the heater vents or the cable where the wires enter the car via the bulkhead (I'm sure there is a thread about this on the forum somewhere).

I thought mine was leaking from the front, but it was actually the rear over flowing into the front! I did ask the seller if he had any fish for the pond in the back when I purchased my car, as it had 3 inches of water in the back!

Have you had the windscreen replaced recently or know if the previous owner had it replaced?   I had the same damp drivers footwell and spent ages trying to work out where it was coming from, ended up having to remove the bonnet lift leaver & plastic trim around (drivers footwell) and eventually worked out that water was running down behind this from the edge of the windscreen where the windscreen wasn't sealed correctly when the previous owner had it.    For ages I thought it was coming from the rear drivers side footwell from the leaky door seal as I hadn't got round to sealing it up but once I did and gave time to dry (months) the water was still getting into the drivers footwell.   This process took me the guts of a year to sort out (lack of time really) but it was the side of the windscreen not being sealed correctly.   

Hope you get it sorted as it can bug the life outta ya!

• Like 1