Intake temps

So following on from the VCDS thread, I met with Bossfox today and plugged the car in with the new intercooler, we went for a blast hard acceleration continually.

The intake temps peaked at 45 drugs and very very quickly after coming off the gas went down to 38 degs

To me this seems good and on this I'm considering picking up the power to around 230bhp with a new map, will these temps allow this?

thats relief thought you had a useless FMIC for a moment, similar sort of temps i got last time i logged mine, i'm still on standard SMIC, with Shark map, must get my front fitted been sat under the stairs for long enough :D

Yes but with a different system so it will be a bit different, also done the TT arch mod since then

I have had to reset my iPad app also which means I've lost the data but iirc the peak figure was 52?? But the difference was the cool down time was much much longer

I can remember Brownbarge's thread on this a while ago. So iirc it was a standard smic from a golf? It was odd that the larger cooler was fitted to a car with less power. A part no would be great for it. Another trip to the scrap yard could be coming!!

It might be worth noting to that the MAP sensor (on mine anyway) were different, part no's were different and shape but the MAP sensor in the bigger one works fine on the octy just increase the screws are forked when you want to remove it

Apologies for jumping in, but this sounds good to me, an upgrade would be good as I'm at 220bhp but can't stretch to fmic, would one of these be similar to what you fitted?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230893539287?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sorry if it is a daft question but can't see a part number, car is in the list but searching for the exact model it says it's not compatible, but I'm just wondering if it is a worthwhile upgrade.  And, of course, if it's the right one.  And would I need 12mm or 17mm sensor hole?

The one above is the upgraded one. They do fit fine but thats what i fitted originally and it made my car very laggy :(

Oh, ok, don't want lagginess. What are my smic options? Is the one essexocty used an off the shelf one for the Golf iv then?