AUX in on dash?

Sadders

I have a UK spec Yeti SE 2011 bought recently as a used car.

The stereo is the Bolero unit with 3.5mm aux in jack in the centre console. I fitted a fiscon plus bluetooth module which works fine with the phone funcions but there is loads of phone interference on A2DP. Also sometimes the A2DP wont work. Not overly impressed.

I fancy fitting another Aux in onto one of the blanked off buttons under the aircon controls. Where is the best place to 'steal' it from? Is there anywhere near by in the wiring loom or at the back of the stereo? or do I have to remove the whole centre console to where the current aux in is in the box? If the latter, how do I remove the console?

I am generally happy doing this sort of thing myself. So far I have fitted a 12v socket to the map pocket for sat nav and fitted an active mount for my iPhone.

With thanks

The sides of the centre console pull off, so you might be able to get to the wiring that way.

This might help:

Centreconsole_zps0524b217.jpg

Which map pocket have you fitted a socket? Do you mean the dashtop box?

The sides of the centre console pull off, so you might be able to get to the wiring that way.

This might help:

Centreconsole_zps0524b217.jpg

Which map pocket have you fitted a socket? Do you mean the dashtop box?

Thanks for this.

The satnav is in the box on top of the dash.