Passat 2.0 BiTDi 4x4 DSG

Phil-E

Tech and spec lists on the new Passat is pretty impressive.

The R Line spec (and that engine) get's twin exhausts, very much like the design of the vRS - wonder if both outlets will function on the VW?

Looks like a good way to haul the family round.  I imagine it'll be even better after a remap!

Yeah. I imagine they would be able to squeeze a few more horses out of it.

Not that you'd really need it. They say in-gear acceleration is very impressive... not surprised with that torque!

Phil

Yeah lets hope the new Superb get the BiTDi and 4x4 too.

Love the dash... and that acceleration is nice!

Edited by Phil-E
  • Like 4

Yeah but I reckon the next superb will be better than the Passat..even more room and maybe a bit cheaper..just hope Skoda get the BiTDi.

Any news is the BiTDI coming to Supurb.  My 170 L&K has a year to run but I want a BiTDI next!

Edited by NigelB

Can't believe that something as basic as a heated windscreen is an extra £200! My Ford S-Max has it as standard! Heated seats are an option too..shocking for such a premium vehicle. For that sort of money I can have a 3.0 Diesel Jag XJ LWB top spec with loads of toys..OK its 3/4 years old but depreciation is done with and its a Jag!

Passat BiTdi is a lot of dollar! I've just specced one up to over 38k! Mental!

But then a Octavia vRS spec'd up is £35k

So 3k for a cool dash quicker car and 4x4. Sounds cheap :p

• 5 months later...

Yeah but I reckon the next superb will be better than the Passat..even more room and maybe a bit cheaper..just hope Skoda get the BiTDi.

Don't hold your breath. They release the MK3 Octavia petrol VRS with just 220bhp when other marques in the VAG stable are offering 280 from the same engine, not likely they are going to give the 230+ TDi to the Superb.