When in Asda....

gadgetman

A bit OTT if it's a first offence. If she's "known to the authorities" then.....

Don't know all the details about the people involved.

OTOH, it was dangerous driving, wasn't it.... <sigh> . Possibly the judge was constrained by sentencing guidelines.

Edited by vindaloo

Private car park . Thet weren't in the outside lane of the m1 and he wasn't doing it against his will. Bad publicity for Asda if you ask me as it was them who shopped them

• Like 1

Private car park . Thet weren't in the outside lane of the m1 and he wasn't doing it against his will. Bad publicity for Asda if you ask me as it was them who shopped them

Whats all this ASDA stuff?

Maria Adams drove up and down the car park of Tesco in Roker, Sunderland, as her friend held on to a towel hanging out of the boot of her Nissan Juke.

There’s definitely not an Asda in Roker, it is a Tesco. I use this car park every day as the gym I use is in the same building.

I do think it is harsh, compared to people who get caught drink driving getting similar sentences. That said, not a clever stunt really though!

She was, of her own stupidity. And there shouldn't be any leniency, 

At 20 it's likely she was a new driver and in her first two years on the road. 

Rightly so the courts don't take favourably to new drivers being bellends. 

If you're gonna nob about in a car then don't do it on camera, the fact that

she did and didn't consider she'd be caught displays her colossal stupidity

all the more. And all too often this sort of ****ting about can easily spill over 

onto the roads. That's her wings clipped for a bit. And the rest of us a bit safer 

as a result. Bonus! 

Darwinism will sort out wheelchair moron one day. It usually does.

• Like 2

She was, of her own stupidity. And there shouldn't be any leniency,

At 20 it's likely she was a new driver and in her first two years on the road.

Rightly so the courts don't take favourably to new drivers being bellends.

If you're gonna nob about in a car then don't do it on camera, the fact that

she did and didn't consider she'd be caught displays her colossal stupidity

all the more. And all too often this sort of ****ting about can easily spill over

onto the roads. That's her wings clipped for a bit. And the rest of us a bit safer

as a result. Bonus!

Darwinism will sort out wheelchair moron one day. It usually does.

Nor in a public place, should've got more tbh for being so stupid.

At least something good has come out of this...

I know the best place to park where the camera points next time I'm down roker. Just incase there's a case of hit and run involving a wheelchair :D

• Like 1

I don't disagree with the level of punishment. What annoys me, as pointed out above how it compares with other offences which seem to attract a lower punishment. I have seen death by dangerous driving receive similar and in many cases death by careless driving more lenient, what a total joke of a system at times. Perhaps this was just one magistrate who actually decided to exercise their powers correctly in my mind. When I seize power he/she will keep their job, but the rest will be sacked for a panel of select Brisky members to issue justice how it should be done!