L Shaped hard plastic breather pipe under inlet manifold.

Ok so I bought a new one off ebay(the hard black plastic L shaped pipe that I assume diverts all the blowby oil back into the sump), it was listed as VW Golf 1.8T on ebay, etc but I think they all use the same part? 

Anyway, it doesn`t seem right to me, it doesn`t feel that its seating properly.  I`m sure it feels loose compared to the original one(unless that had glued itself in place, the end of it did break off when I removed it and the plastic crumbled like a cookie).  I push the new one down as far as it will go and pushed the retaining clip around it into the slots.  I thought that the shoulder, the rim on the pipe end is supposed to sit below the two slots and then the retaining clip slips over the top of it??.  But I cannot get the shoulder bit to go below the slots...  Am I right in thinking it should be below the slots? 

It just all feels a bit loose to me and when its in with the retaining clip around I can move it, I was expecting it to sit in rigid and tight?

Anyone had experience in changing this part?

Sam

Edited by sammyhale30

Yes. But i was asking whether the rim on the pipe should sit below the slots??i.e should the metal clip go over the top of the rim/shoulder or does it just clamp onto the sides of the pipe??

Edited by sammyhale30