70.000 km

MilanM

Ok people I need help.

For a couple of days I need to service my Sup.

She has 69600 km on a clock, and I wonder, what do I need to do along regular service?

I service her on each 2 years, and exactly match 10.000 km, because I dont drive very much, and have second car for city driving.

Do you have the service schedule?  There is a big list of things in there that the dealerships ignore when you take the car to them for service (like cleaning out the plenum chamber, greasing hinges, etc)...

Even if I was only driving 10,000 miles in 2 years I think I would be reluctant to leave the oil in there for two years.  If you are DIY servicing then just do all the filters at once - air, oil, pollen and fuel.  The total for all filters and a good quality oil is less than £50.

If I recall your brake fluid also needs changing if it has been in there for 2 years.

Ok, we didnt understand well.

I will DIY how to say little service-like changing filters, oil, atc...but I was hoping to get answer what do I need to do for "big" service, like timming belt from one who already did this.

And what you think, is it good to buy not OEM filters?

I was buying Oem parts, filters and oil(Castrol Edge 5w30) and I had garantie that is good minimum 2 years or 15000 km. But I change on 10k.

I have some expirience and also I will change my brake fluid by myself, even its not my profesion..:D

Ah I understand, sorry.  

On the filters issue rotodiesel is our resident expert, but it seems good brand filters like Mann and Bosch are fine.  In any case VW don't make their own filters; I prefer the Mann fuel filter to the OEM part by UFI (made in China).  Also, Mann do an activated carbon pollen filter which is only a little more expensive and I figure better for my health.

For my 1.9 I wished that when I had had timing belt done that they also did aux belt tensioner, aircon belt tensioner and alternator pulley, as I had to do these shortly after myself.  But I don't know much about 2.5.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for answers. :beer:

So, you think that non Oem parts like filters are as good as Oem? Many people think so, and I need to convince myself.

Because, Im in love with my Sup, and I dont know destiny but there isnt car that could replaced her. So I want best for her, and I dont want to save money on car. I save money on me. :)

Luckily I dont have triptronic, my gearbox is manual. Because I have choose manual.

Hmmmm, once again I would like to thank you, obviosly I would need to find a help to stealer, because people with 2.5 here are prettey quit. :sweat:

Could you remember price for that parts? I know you cant remember exactly but around, it would be nice to compare price overhere and in UK. :nerd::thumbup:

I tend to buy most of it from mister-auto, who are actually based in France but ship to UK. Good prices and good service. I think most of the parts for 1.9 are different, so probably not much point telling you the prices :)

• Like 1