"Think Dresden, mid-February, 1945" (VW Australia DSG recall)

Clunkclick

The overall message on Volkswagen Audi Group's trading ethics is spot on in my opinion, as is the point that all car manufacturers have issues. The thing of course that differentiates the manufacturers is the way they handle these issues and VAG are generally shameful in this respect, often taking the stance of deny all knowledge and blame the customer even for known issues.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Volkswagen Group really need to get some form of consistent treatment of faults that are from Design & Manufacturing or quality control,

and stop messing paying customers about.

This is from Radio 4.  on Audi TFSI Engines .  

@ 10 minutes.

http://bbc.co.uk/programmes/b051w062

• 1 month later...

The Australian coroner who investigated this case concluded that there was nothing wrong with the VW Polo and suggested that the cause might have been that the crash might have been connected with the driver being on a mobile 'phone call.

However, let's all go with the much more exciting conspiracy theory route and blame the evil VW.

vxh26,  was that some other Death of a driver in Australia with a Volkswagen Polo?,  

the Video in this post concerns a Volkswagen Golf in Australia.

Maybe look at the Case of the VW Golf driver.

?  

Are you an employee or representative of Volkswagen by any chance?

• Like 3

Doesn't the very last sentence kinda shoot the whole thing down?

"The recall did not cover models the same as Melissa Ryan's car, which was a manual."

I've still seen enough to not want a DSG, especially out of warranty.

I always read and heard it as the DSG thing being an example of VW Australia's actions and inactions, 

the point was always on the 'Engine sudden power losses',  Diesel engines, and also DSG owners were complaining of the same.

Small point,

the DSG is an 'Automated Manual Gearbox',  but obviously without a clutch pedal, and a Manual Car does have a Clutch pedal.

I do wish there were presenters like him in the UK that says what they think or as it is.

Personally I think he comes across terribly , pouring insults around isn't professional, particularly helpful or informative , I think we do TV like this much better.

The switching looks between cameras is laughably bad also

As an aside if the truck driver didnt even have time to hit his horn perhaps he was driving too close ? Lots of people around here stop without brake lights , simply due to the lights not working   

Yes, like with Jeremy Clarkson,  Presenters of the Channel 5 Classic Car Show.  

We do great unbiased Investigative Journalism in the UK Visual & Written.

Well Radio 4 is, and BBC Watchdog are at least trying to.

All Jezzer did was avoid concentrating on the mass market cars in favour of 18-25 year olds' wet dream supercars, which most of the doe-eyed attendees at the Dunsfold studio would never have the opportunity of driving or owning in this life or the next i.e. risk-free for the motor manufacturers.

So, by implication, Jezza must have been the pin-up boy of the motor manufacturers board-rooms - "For services to distraction". . . . arise Sir Jeremy.

This guy is dead on the money for me. Particularly with the Germans, who, as we have seen with this recent air crash, are so anal its off the scale "We are Germans, we don't make mistakes"

A whole programme of him doing this would be very wearing, but I would have thought that they could work-in a "From our own correspondent slot"  on Top-Gear.

IMHO, it would be hilarious and it would take those buggers at Milton Keynes and Wolfsburg right out of their bonus comfort zone and get them thinking how they can do things for the customer rather than themselves - very non-Dave.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick