FMIC

Hi people I'm new to the forum but looking for some opinions. I've got an Octavia 20vt mk1 and I'm looking at fmic for it. Now eBay have specials for £199 but I was wondering how good these are or if anyone has fitted one ? I'm not looking to upgrade to massive power just fmic exhaust possibly k03s and remap. All opinions would be greatly appreciated

But has anyone fitted this, and what's it like? Looks like the perfect cheapy solution, if it goes on ok...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet to come across someone who has fitted one. I dont see it been an issue fitting with it been for a golf mk4 so should fit. It was just an ideal solution for the someone with a occ and strut brace lol

I had seen these, but wasn't sure they would fit. bit more research needed I think. I would prefer the welly cooler but I didn't wanna faff about sourcing all the pipe work. unless someone has a comprehensive list I could use.

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh. This excites me, will be very interested to see how you get on! Fitting instructions link doesn't work though :(

It's nice to see an eBay kit with actual rolled end pipes as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love the welly cooler but like the stock look of my bay so gotta be a twin pass for me :(

The twin pass is a easy fit replacement though buddy. and no messing to accommodate a custom install of hoses.. 

Just a plug and play type fitting kinda like the Forge as seem a identical type of kit.

However apart from  with Forge you get the modified crash bar. in the kit.

With that kit above,  you will need to do some drilling etc etc to get the hose to come through the crash bar to throttle join.

this pipe through crash bar on my old forge

IMG_20140824_142713645_zpsvud0vgcu.jpg

SkodaVRSForgeFMIC025.jpg

SkodaVRSForgeFMIC023.jpg

SkodaVRSForgeFMIC028.jpg

join to throttle pipe

IMG_20140824_153122868_zpsc0qazhkm.jpg

lower pipe to pancake pipe.

IMG_20140824_142708777_zps6ixcbuwm.jpg

I have a spare crash bar painted and cut for welly if folks decided to leave there std bar alone . 

• Like 3

^^yes, there is a map sensor hole. Also, there are 2 adapters, depending on size of sensor.

Srry, I do not have time to put it on the car, but I hope soon.. Anyway, pictures from Bowders are similar to one I put from THS, through crash bar to intake. It looks easy job..

edit: there are no carriers for IC in the kit, so that is only minus so far.

Edited by Joo

^^yes, there is a map sensor hole. Also, there are 2 adapters, depending on size of sensor.

Srry, I do not have time to put it on the car, but I hope soon.. Anyway, pictures from Bowders are similar to one I put from THS, through crash bar to intake. It looks easy job..

edit: there are no carriers for IC in the kit, so that is only minus so far.

yeah that makes sense, I think early  1.8T came with 18mm sensor and later ones have 12mm one like Audi's and VW golfs