Fabia Mk2 vRS Meet - Santa Pod Sat 16th May 2015

Following on from the large numbers of people in this thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/332715-skoda-fabia-mk2-vrs-2010-2014-how-many-left-members-driving-them/page-3

I was wondering how many of you mk2 owners might be keen on attending a vRS meet?

Please express your interest below and any ideas for location, timing, driving route, social element etc etc.

If enough people are willing to commit then it could be a good laugh I reckon......

(Please note I am not necessarily volunteering to do all of the organising lol!)

Edit - Date now confirmed see below for details:

No need to buy tickets in Advance.

The day costs £10 Admisssion then a £25 "signing on" fee which then entitles you to unlimited runs up the drag strip. Both to be paid on the day.

After each run you will get a personalised performance print-out showing reaction time, 1/4 mile time and terminal speed etc.

Helmets are not required unless you are in an open top car or likely to be doing in excess of 110mph at the finish line (fairly unlikely in a Fabia tbh).

Non-drivers can pay £10 on the day to "sign on" as a passenger. Can then have passenger rides in anyone's car on the day but no more than one passenger per vehicle at a time on the strip.

A valid driving license is also required but that's all!

As for parking I have booked us a dedicated Briskoda Clubstand so all the Fabias will be together in one giant Fabia group hug. :-)

The venue opens at 8am with track runs starting at 9.30am.

It is best to arrive by 8.30am for "sign-on"

Tom

Sounds good I think most people will not mind travelling a bit but is it is just unfortunate there is members with cars far and wide and will be very difficult to get all the motors together at once but if plenty of notice is given it should be fine.

Yeah I like this idea! Im in Blackpool Lancs so relatively easy to get to West Mids. With enough notice that is. Cheers for volunteering to organise!! Id do it myself if it was in this area. But alas I know nothing about the midlands. ( thats where Frodo and Gandalf and his pals are from right? )

If you make the meet to include visiting Skoda UK HQ Milton Keynes i will be there.

Tank Vented & brimmed as i set off, and since it is downhill i should get an amazing economy.

& i can draft Brian69 coming back.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 4

If you make the meet to include visiting Skoda UK HQ Milton Keynes i will be there.

Tank Vented & brimmed as i set off, and since it is downhill i should get an amazing economy.

& a can draft Brian69 coming back.

george

Might have to twist my Partner's arm to loan me her vRS for the day.

Perhaps Skoda UK has the sprint track available -next to the canteen and bar!!

Th3 Grinch, they do have a plastic bottle recycling plant available.

Good Call Furbytom.

Edited by vrskeith

I might not be the best person to contact Alisdair Stewart Brand Director Skoda UK or some Media / Communications Manager.

But if anyone is up for a visit to Milton Keynes.

Please ask if there is a photo Opportunity with the All New 3rd Generation Fabia.,

(Sporty Looking & good for families.)

They can get an 'ickle' Mass Gathering of the owners of discontinued Mk2 Fabia vRS 1.4 TSI Twinchargers.

Maybe some Skoda UK Senior Executive can get his photo in the Media with the cars and 

make some statement on how the UK owners have been happy with their chosen Skoda.

They might even be as good as to get 'Stickers' made up for the Cars that attend.

I have an idea what they could say............

• Like 3

Might have to twist my Partner's arm to loan me her vRS for the day.

Perhaps Skoda UK has the sprint track available -next to the canteen and bar!!

Th3 Grinch, they do have a plastic bottle recycling plant available.

Good Call Furbytom.

sprint track???

So please,

if anyone is going to arrange anytime in the future.

Maybe a Sprint / Track Location for some fun if possible, and people will commit to and attend.

&

Maybe ask Skoda UK if they can get the 2015 R5 Fabia Rally Car along & any other Motorsport Mk2 Fabia they have.

Not volunteering to organise sorry.

But i will commit to attending any place.

george

• Like 2

would be nice to meet you George!

I would attend depending on date, but mostly depending on location, I know George is further, but I CAN see Scotland from my house, and I normally have to miss the south meets, too far. I would like to have been at brands hatch on monday, but its SO far away, travel costs, hotels, time off ect ... not a chance.

Shark

• Like 1

I'm commited to this. I'm in the Greater Manchester area so I dont mind travelling.

Would be great to meet some other Brisky members (Let alone MK2 Fabia VRS owners!)

Why dont we nominate some potential locations, then put it to the vote.

Once we have a location we can do the same with a date and vote that in?

Just an idea.

• Like 1

Lake district?! lol.... (just kidding, but it is my doorstep ;) )

I've met some of you before, seen ant's nice air-ride vRS a few times ect , Tom at Castle coombe, there are LOADS of meets all the time! I will be at the Weston supermare meet next saturday (in the meets section)