Fabia Mk2 vRS Meet - Santa Pod Sat 16th May 2015

Ive met you sharky but thats it for mk2 fabias. Met sparkly too but hes moved on. I hear Blackpools nice this year ;)

But yeah a poll would be best to sort out location/date etc.

P.s I think every mk2 vrs owner would like to meet George lol.

• Like 3

Can i throw in an idea.

A weekend pretty much at the 5th Birthday of the Mk2 Fabia vRS Twinchargers first being available in the UK.

Summer 2015.

Someplace where something is going on that weekend and those travelling can find something to occupy any passengers with them.

In the general area of some Motor vehicle type event thing.

Sounds like a great idea.

I would certainly be interested if we can get the date and location agreed.

Some sort of "Sprint" event is also something I would love to do given the facilities can be arranged. 

Might need someone to supply and do all the oil top ups between runs though......

Sorry not been back to the thread today as busy at work! Looks like a good few people interested so far! As others have said wouldbe good to meet George and put a face to the legendary GoneoffSKi username lol!

Sounds like somewhere in the Midlands would be ideal so Northeners and Southeners can "meet in the middle".

I don't know that much about places to meet there tbh so any suggestions welcome.

Wouldn't have a clue about organising track time but could always make some enquiries -Mallory park would be an option?

Also like the sound of the Skoda HQ visit lol but not sure if there would actually be much to do there!

Was also thinking an alternative to track-day action might be - Scenic route convoy driving (would be an awesome sight with enough cars) followed by us all doing a grand prix style go-karting session +/- pub for a pinty after.

• Like 1

If SUK can be involved in some official capacity with an s2000 on hand i'd definitely be there :thumbup:

i'm sure if they saw how much we love our mk 2's they might think again about potential mk3's

Edited by Gumby

Count me in as well, would be great to meet the folks and good to give the car a proper distance run out. Happy to travel down to midlands.

As for the sprint track idea, I suppose we could always ask Skoda UK to line up all the busted engines and use them as barriers, although it would be more of a half mile blast than a sprint.

Edited by Sittingbull
  • Like 3

The only reason I said about a 100 metre strip, because my mate as got a lambretta and that's what they do in the sprint meets.

It don't have to be 100 metres maybe a little longer.

Its either the fastest speed or time through the cones at the end. That's it nothing boy racer about it.

What about bruntingthorpe ground as they've got a run way

Ant

Edited by Ant-Vrs

The only reason I said about a 100 metre strip, because my mate as got a lambretta and that's what they do in the sprint meets.

Its either the fastest speed or time through the cones at the end. That's it nothing boy racer about it.

Ant

Ant

Sounds like a great idea. Might be worth an email to them with what you've got in mind to see if Bruntingthorpe could accommodate that?

Isn't the MIRA test facility also somewhere in the midlands?

Well done George that sounds like the perfect plan! Santa Pod Run What Ya Brung would be ideal really. Not too expensive or extreme to participate in for novices on track and a good laugh too.

I might give them a ring to see if they could accommodate us as a 'club' event?

• Like 4

Well just got off the phone to Santa Pod. Good news is they can definitely accommodate us as a club meet :-)

We can have our own Briskoda Club stand and even a meeting room etc if we wish. This can be done at any RWYB day.

Costs are £10 per person with a £25 'signing on' fee for those of us that wish to participate in the drag strip (unlimited runs). They will give us our own Briskoda mini-league for bragging rights over who is the fastest etc ;-) Drag strip action is entirely optional and will be booked on the day.

I just need to let them know rough numbers and send back the booking form and we are sorted.

We just need to pick a date. Im thinking early next year around March time?

http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

Tom

• Like 4

Wunderba.

Suits me sir.

I would prefer Summer 2015, June / July and the Saturday 20th June looked good for being there on the Sunday as well.

I would be down on Friday night & Saturday night.

But i will go when, or where suits others,.

So just decide what suits the majority and if it is at an event that is already taking place and can cope with few or many it is less stress about people dropping out.

What ever or where ever is decided,

??

Is it just the vRS Mk2 Fabia Owners on Briskoda at the time, 

simply people commit, 

& is it OK Owners up to the time as long as they come on the forum and commit.

Not a general shout out on Face Book, etc,

& 1,000-2,000 Twincharger owners turning up!............unexpected.

PS

Sat May 16th looks good as well,

because a good event on Sun 17th.

So 1 vote from me, for either Sat 16th May

or Sat 20th June 2015 if people are up for Santa Pod.

http://santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

Edited by goneoffSKi

Ok so looking at the Callender,

Possible dates could be;

Sat 28th March

Sat 11th April

Sat 18th April

Sun 3rd May

Sat 16th May

Sat 30th May

Sat 6th June

Sat 20th June

Sat 4th July

Depending on if there is going to be a Brisky 2015 National event, this could be a nice 'half-way house' event.

Shall we create another thread or edit this one to enable it to be put to a vote to find which dates suits most?

• Like 1