Fabia Mk2 vRS Meet - Santa Pod Sat 16th May 2015

A bit tentative at the moment but all being well i'll be there - will be great to see so many vRS's together.

1-Furbytom

2-goneoffSKi
3-Jabozuma
4-Ally_bassman
5-pee81
6-Vrs-fletch
7-mrburdon123
8- pkoconnor
9-grantwebster
10- vrsGeo
11-Th3Grinch (situation dependant)
12- Mr j
13- Derekcollier
14-andy3270
15-Sittingbull
16-h3srr (monte)
17 -ToxicvRS (may have got a mk2 Fabia by then) (Or a 1.8T Fabia) (Or a Clio)
18- Fossy
19 - MidlifecrisisT (Todd)
20 - Naths vRS
21- Brian 69
22- TomR88
23- Sharkrider
24 - bingo765

25 - Exige Dave

Public RWYB days are generally not as busy as the themed shows, so there should be less queuing.  Any of the regulars there will probably be somewhat confused by the large number of Skodas attending :D  Mk1 and Mk2.

• Like 2

Public RWYB days are generally not as busy as the themed shows, so there should be less queuing. Any of the regulars there will probably be somewhat confused by the large number of Skodas attending :D Mk1 and Mk2.

I'm hoping they'll be looking at my basic engined badged up Fabia thinking its a sleeper then seeing their reaction when it isnt
  • Like 4

I'm hoping they'll be looking at my basic engined badged up Fabia thinking its a sleeper then seeing their reaction when it isnt

Always beware the sleeper lol!

Just maintain your ruse that it's a 500bhp sleeper but explain you just weren't trying that hard today as the car is having some technical issues ;-)

• Like 1

Perhaps the Fabia vRS MK2 guys and gals(sorry about the Jimmy Savile phrasing) need a sticker saying something like " The Fabia mk3 deserves the 1.8 GTI ENGINE as a Right"

Drive-by protest of Milton Keynes HQ - BIT OF LOCAL PRESS ACTION - Facebook / youtube video! 

Suggestions and thoughts please.

Plus," I'm on Engine 1....2....3 and still goes like stink!" Much Fun!

I like that one! Was actually saying to a friend today when he remarked about my car being unreliable due to new engine. Its when I said that I dont have to change and belts/chains/pumps for a while that shut him up!

Anyway, back on topic!

Are we planning on going head to head with each other, or against unsuspecting members of the public/non skoda community? We are having a league table though I seem to remember?

• Like 1

Are we planning on going head to head with each other, or against unsuspecting members of the public/non skoda community? We are having a league table though I seem to remember?

It will probably be a mix of "in-house" skoda battles and also taking on various randoms. :-)

Santapod have said they will be happy to collate our times onto a Briskoda league/leaderboard which will be pretty good fun.

• Like 4

I think we should try and get it so that CAVE TMC v CAVE Bluespark etc to try and get some definitive answers :-p

also, if someone will lend me a box, i would be happy to run CTHE (standard) vs CAVE TMC ect , (because I HAD CAVE TMC and my new CTHE seems as quick!) then try a box on my CTHE to see if it makes a difference? :)

• Like 2

I am residing at the Hind Hotel,

& it was pointed out to me that it looks like a Old Folks Residential Home,

which is appropriate really.

Comfy old armchairs & a glass of Port is important after 7+ hours in an vRS.

3 Points away from losing my licence so it will be very careful driving for 6 months and beyond.

george

PS

I hope this is a 'Murder Mystery Weekend', at the Hind.

Just booked 2 nights here. It looks like a proper hotel, with a bit of character, George. Not like one of these 'plastic' ones, which all seem identical which ever town they are in. Last time I stayed in a Premier Inn, it felt like the bed still had Lenny Henry in it.

Just had a new Catback stainless steel exhaust fitted by Tony Banks of Leeds. It looks & sounds the business. This guy really does now how to fettle exhausts! Choice of different sounds , tail pipes etc & much cheaper than Milltek.

Have already noticed difference in MPG (Up from 40.6 to 43.2 MPG) & it has a magnificent burble to it at idle then tremendous whoosh & roar when you floor it ' Very pleased! Performance seems livelier, but too early to tell.

Just looking for an ITG Maxogen now,  (any offers?) & then that's me ready to take on all comers

Edited by derekcollier
  • Like 1