No VAT is back!

£14,745.83  For a MK2 Fabia vRS.

Less than they cost new 4 years ago.

(That means that Dealers with Ex Demos, Nearly New sitting on the Forecourts will need to rethink what they are asking for them.)

http://dieselcarmagazine.co.uk/news/skodas-fabia-goes-vat-free

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

That is the problem sometimes George; if we've registered a handful of cars to make 1 target then the next minute theres an offer as good as the no VAT it makes pre reg demos overpriced compared to a brand new car, its then a case if damage limitation. Some cheap cars will be brought if someones not too fussed about it being an old model next year. The RS is back to good value for money.

• Like 1

Dealers 14 or 64 plates with very few miles and available from Skoda Dealers for Under £13,000 might well appeal to some,

when the cars are now discontinued and nothing New is coming in the Near Future from the VWG that is this kind of VFM.

Especially where someone is buying a keeper.

?

Are there any 'New' unregistered vRS Estates available to order from Stock, are they all gone.?

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

If it's going to be a keeper, pop the 5 year warranty on and "Bobs your uncle", a fairly cheap, pretty good performance car with a decent chunk off, and manufacturer covered for 5 years!!

Not in the office today George but I would assume there would be a handful of Estates sitting at dock somewhere.

• Like 2

Dealers 14 or 64 plates with very few miles and available from Skoda Dealers for Under £13,000 might well appeal to some,

when the cars are now discontinued and nothing New is coming in the Near Future from the VWG that is this kind of VFM.

Especially where someone is buying a keeper.

?

Are there any 'New' unregistered vRS Estates available to order from Stock, are they all gone.?

george

Had a check on this yesterday George and there was 1 available in 'free' stock and 2 or 3 assigned to dealers - either the RS Estate was never mass produced (rocking horse poo) or everyone has snapped them up. My guess would be option 1. 

Still, there's a good selection of varying specs out there.

• Like 1

Engines get replaced, sometimes several times in their life.

So buy for Under £15,000 & have a 5 Year Warranty,

& get 2 new engines @ £4,500 a pop & a New DSG @ £2,500.

No wonder VW, Skoda, Audi & Seat are pleased to see the end of them,

& the Warranty Underwriters.

It is a shame that Volkswagen will not comment on the Failures.

Positive is, 

They are good fun, and cheap to run and even though there was and are faults, 

an enthusiastic following of them.

*Smiles for miles, even among owners old enough to have Piles.* (haemorrhoids)

' Skoda / VW'  can use that as an advertising slogan if the want.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.

'You only live once,'

But the vRS sold in the UK seem to be living on OK, new engines required or not.

No,

i have one lined up when it becomes available for 'Much Cheapness'.

New Engine fitted, Race Blue with APR Stage 1 Switchable,

& just ripe for some 16" Steel Wheels with Wheel Trims, Scout Plastics & Badges.

'No show and a Little bit of Go'

(Only a Warm Car though, they are never allowed to be considered as Hot, after all they are Skodas.)

george

• Like 1

So Fabia 1.2 TSI DSG Elegence RRP £15K so now pay £12.5K ie £2.5K saving but presumably only get the 7.9% APR.

PCP deal price per month for 20K miles per year I wonder how it compared to a similar Rapid though you cannot get DSG except on the 1.4 TSI it looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers George. Will look into it then. Seen one with 1000miles but was obviously bought before the no vat. As its more than a new one now the offer is on. Want a discreet colour this time. Need to sell mine then I'll be buying an estate hopefully.

• Like 1

Cheers George. Will look into it then. Seen one with 1000miles but was obviously bought before the no vat. As its more than a new one now the offer is on. Want a discreet colour this time. Need to sell mine then I'll be buying an estate hopefully.

Congrats on the impending arrival of the twins! You are going to be one very busy chap I reckon!

What kind of estate are you looking at? Fabia vRS Estate? I'd worry that will be abit small tbh. I think I'd look at an Octy Estate for. Ring better able to fit three in the back.

• Like 2

Yeah definitely the octavia estate would be better. I reasoning behind the fabia vrs estate, was that it wouldnt be that different to drive if at all, apart from the size with parking etc. The first bridge I felt I had to cross when buying a new car was the fact I could get a double pram in the boot. A fabia boot would give us room to have more choice when buying a pram. Although an octy would give unlimited choice. But then there is the issue of the 3 car seats fitting in the back. We've test fitted 3 and they do fit but its tight obviously and the main issue we had was the raised part of the rear seat in the middle. It would not let a car seat sit securely.

The next checkbox for me with the fabia is the performance. Cracking engine and was planning on getting one through the approved used scheme and getting as much warranty on the car (engine) as possible.(I would probably void the suspension warranty with suspension upgrades virtually straight away)

But then I have no experience of octavias, I know they are big as I do crawl round the inside of one every now and then at work. But other than that i know not a thing. I would like as 'specced up' as possible this time aswell as I do spend a lot of time in the car. So a vrs would be the obvious starting point but are expensive. I'm not very experienced in car buying so have to use reviews and forums to kind of do the job for me. (Exactly why I bought a fabia vrs, after using this forum.)

Plus I prefer the vrs styling, on any model.

Sorry for the essay. I got on a roll :D

• Like 1

Much as I like our Furby vRS estate I don't think I could imagine it coping with 3 children. It does a great job with our 9-month old tho!

If a car seat won't fit securely on the middle part of the rear seat I think for me that would rule it out and I'd be buying an Octy vRS Estate. They are more expensive but I reckon it would be worth it rather than wish you had the extra space and end up changing again at a later date.

My cousin has just had triplets. They already have a 2-yr old daughter so he's now going to have 4 kids under 3.... No idea what car he is going to buy! Lol

• Like 1

My favourite would be a 'used' Ford S-Max.

Or a Mondeo Estate with Powershift for a nice automatic.

PS

Even a Hatch.

Just looked at what you can get for 'Much Cheapness',

at a Year old even. 

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1