Servicing after warranty expiration

Non UK cars Manufactures Warranty like from Skoda can be 2 years, not 3.

And the VW Group & Skoda are not doing Good Will Warranty Work on Remapped Cars, 

& Extended Warranty Companies are not either unless they Approved it,

Some will.

george

Fabia VRS were made available for Long life service internvals from about late 2010 so almost all of them made.  Mine is a 61 Reg and has been changed over to longer service internals based on the car's computer.  It usually does about 19K miles between services which I rack up about every 8 months.  10K servicing was such a pain ie every 4 months or so. 

Oil is the Longlife stuff ie VW 504/507 and it probably burns through that much in 19K miles so much of the oil in there is newish anyways.

Now got around 85K miles, still drives well, got a CSMA warranty for £180 a year. 

My 3 years warranty was up in the summer I'm on good terms with local dealer service manager and he stated that there Is such a thing of good will with full service history, so I've looked after my car better than I have myself I only do 7k a year and trust the car as I have had it from new with 99 Ron going in everytime, service and campaigns followed on time, if I was buying second hand I would for sure get an extended warranty.

We will see if Goodwill ever extends to them paying £4,500 to replace an engine when the car has no Warranty Cover.

Serviced on time or not.

Ask your friendly Manager about that please.

As to the DSG, they will be doing Good Will on them for a long time, 

because they made the mistake, & the Service Campaign they are doing is just the least they are trying to get away with.

Any significant differences between oil filters? I am looking to buy parts for the upcoming service and I see some advertised as "Premium" ones, with more than double the price like this one from Bosch:  http://www.skruvat.com/Oil-Filter-P323275.aspx   against the stock one (?) from MAHLE: http://www.skruvat.com/Oil-Filter-P140965.aspx

I guess the correct code is anyone between 03C115561B/D,  I checked the last two service invoices and I've had both in so I guess they should both be ok.

We will see if Goodwill ever extends to them paying £4,500 to replace an engine when the car has no Warranty Cover.

Serviced on time or not.

Ask your friendly Manager about that please.

As to the DSG, they will be doing Good Will on them for a long time,

because they made the mistake, & the Service Campaign they are doing is just the least they are trying to get away with.

Duly noted going in for inspection week on Wednesday for a 2 year warranty with dealer £600 is better than £4500 [emoji106]