wheel change superb mk11

Why not go to 225/45-17 tyres which is a more common size?  Is 205/50-17 a Skoda recommended size for your car? Sidewall of both tyres are the same height (or do I mean depth?).

Hi, my first time  posting.. Could i change my wheels from 225/40/18 to 205/50/17,or would this cause problems. many thanks.  

No, it won't cause problems (205/50R17 is a approved dimension for winter tyres, since it leaves space for snow chains), but the advised rim size for 205/50R17 (6Jx17) is hard to find. Therefore I would recommend going to the standard 225/45R17 on a 7J or 7.5J wheel. That dimension is much more common, which makes your tyres cheaper and every tyreshop will have them in stock.

There is quite an improvement from the 18's to 17's , we did that this year , but more down to the fact the potholes around us have seen off numerous wheels and tyres on our Superb and i'm hoping the extra sidewall will save them

They dont look as nice though :(

I bought a set off an Octavia

10696238_10152792124469664_5278270127651

• Like 1

thanks for all replies,wanted better ride comfort hence 205/50/17,or would the 225/45/17 give me this. Thanks

Unless you have a 3.6, you get the best comfort on 205/55R16. And, as an added bonus, your fuel economy will improve.

Thanks Richf for your reply,what size tyres do you use? many thanks.

225/45/17 I think we fitted Falkens , much cheaper than the 18's and perform ok

Wouldn't go to a 205 personally I think there would be too much of a drop in performance

Hi,got in touch with skoda they told me fitting 205/50/17 would not be legal.But when i put this size in a wheel calculater it gives the closest match to the 225/40/18,better match than the 205/55/16 and 225/45/17. CONFUSED

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I want to buy some new rims, preferably ones that will lose some of the arch gap and lower offset.

I'm thinking of something like 225/40/18 8.5J OS/ET 30

Edited by E1Skoda