Hi folks

I've recently been having problems with the driver's window in my 63-plate Octavia III 1.6TDI SE.

On the odd occasion the window will appear to close OK, but backs off when it reaches the fully closed position.

It'll do the same thing when I try again, whether I use the one-shot or the lift-and-hold position of the switch.

It will only close properly on the third attempt.

From reading the manual this is normal behaviour if something obstructs the window as it's closing, however, this is happening with no obstructions, just what should be normal closing.

Unfortunately the manual says nothing about resetting the windows if this occurs and I've tried the suggestions of holding the 'lift' button for 5-10 seconds after the window finally closes, but this has no effect.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a solution to this issue, preferably without taking it to the dealer, as the local one is shocking!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Rob

Thanks for the tip Andy.

If at all possible I'd prefer not to take it to the dealer, as they're hopeless :(

Does anyone know of a way I can reset it myself?

The 5 second hold should reset it.  If not it's a dealer job, I'm afraid.

My gut feeling is this should count as a callout-able issue.  Surely it's not safe to leave a window open (thieves, rain etc).  Maybe Mr AA/RAC or whoever it is Skoda Assist uses will be able to fix it at your home/work.

• Like 1

I think I'll be calling the dealer then...

Fortunately I can get the window to shut, but only on the third attempt and by holding up the switch to force it to close, which is a royal pain when exiting car parks etc

Just had the One Shot as well as the Remote Fob Open Close function fail on the front passenger window (Sept 2014 model)

Dealer had a look but needs further investigation as they dont know why

All other windows work fine

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on this as mine has just started t do it...

I'm afraid I've not even gotten around to calling the dealer yet Steven...

I'm afraid that didn't work 999rigger - thanks anyway.

Looks like I'm going to have to call the dealer :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks like mines got the one shot problem on the passenger side front and also no global opening/closing available at all? Tried the manual 5s reset on front passenger side to no avail so added to the list for service next month! Also, I've got the gear stick jumping when in reverse a few secs after starting a reverse manouvre, the dealer thinks they've had this fault on others, and it also seems to get stuck in reverse after short reverse manoeuvre even when you think 1st has been selected, but it's still in reverse!

Sorry, I meant to report back earlier... 

My window issue sorted itself before I had a chance to take it to the dealer.

Good luck to those of you still suffering the problem.

• Like 1

Mines done the same, I booked it in to be looked at when it goes in for service next month but now it's working ok again!.  The window winder mouse must have just decided to have a long bank-holiday! :D