Carrs SKODA (Exeter)

ColinD

I probably won't be buying from here, but I have to say that Alan Pask is brilliant. He brought a car 40 miles at 6pm so that my wife and I could test drive it as we otherwise wouldn't have been able to due to work, and no other local dealers had that engine. Fantastic service from him.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

They have now moved to a larger site, still on Marsh Barton but nearer the livestock market and the huge new VW dealership:

1 Thorverton Rd.

Marsh Barton Industrial Estate

Exeter

EX2 8AH

01392 829955

Popped in the other day and a purpose built site, looks smart and seemed to suggest they have the correct 'lane assist' calibration gear for the O3 etc

• 2 years later...

Pretty poor service experience here. 

not entirely sure where i will be going in future:

Car brought back in Sport mode by the drop off driver.. 

Dash cam always disconnected (fair enough during the work, but not during "test drives"

Dash cam entirely removed on the last service and thrown on passenger floor.

Had a nightmare with their service staff, trying to convince me that i needed a waterpump on a 1.4tsi (not run off the cambelt) ended up speaking to Skoda UK for clarification.

generally dropped the ball on lots of things, things that with a quick call could have clarified and reduced my negative experiences. EG calling to say the dashcam had to come off for the MOT and they apparently couldn't put it back on.

probably going to give bridge-water a try, the girl on their service desk seemed on the ball about if the water pump should be replaced during a cambelt change. 

• 1 year later...

I’ve had some issues with the service department at Exeter. 

Car was in for rear main oil seal (booked during warranty but performed just out). When I picked up the car they had broken the cruse control radar but I had to pay for it. 

Brakes hit warning sensors (needed discs and pads all round) two weeks after I had a service and had told them I was driving to south of France in two weeks time with caravan behind car. They tried telling me I had to wait to book the car in but I had to kick off as I was leaving IN THAT CAR to go in France in 48 hours time. 

3 years or servicing never managed to find out why I would get a flat battery after not use ing car for 4 days in a row. 

kept putting batteries in a key that would stop working a few months after. Again some kind of fault as all the other keys where fine. 

I’m sure there was more but that’s about all I can think of for now. There cornwall branch is better, but not much.