Retrofitting MDI to Yeti

KBPhoto

Two questions specific to the pre-FL Yeti.

1) Where does the controller box get located? On the Octavia its behind the glovebox on a metal bracket. Is it the same on a Yeti?

2) Is there an official outlet part for the MDI either in the 'ashtray' (where it is on LHD cars) or in the dash top box?

I have everything left over from my Octavia but am waiting for some other bits to be delivered (such as Columbus fascia) before pulling trim off and rooting around.

I can't find answers to these on here, although I expect the answer to the second one is 'No'.

No one able to answer these questions?

Surely someone has access to a decent parts catalogue and knows how to use it. (I know there are lots online, so ease don't add ee links to them unless to a specific page with an answer on it).

Probably not much help but I am considering getting one of these to use with my iphone. The plan is to put the unit under the aircon controls, mount a usb socket in one of the blanked out buttons underneath and cobble the wiring together behind. Should be a nice clean install.

Thanks.

As no one could give me an answer, I went ahead and did the best I could, although I have yet to cut holes in the ashtray for the actual connector.

Have a look at this thread to see how I did it. It was very neat and not quite as 'bodged' as some I have read about.