Pierburg Maf Sensor And Bosch Front Pads... £74.81 Delivered!

jimbof

Mister Auto have a 15% off code which only works it seems if you have certain kinds of parts in your basket - like brakes.  But I wanted a MAF sensor!  So added some front pads (need to change them soon anyhow), and got the whole lot delivered for £74.81.  The code is TDMA15.

Air Mass Sensor PIERBURG 7.22684.08.0 £60.36 1 £60.36
Brake Pad Set BOSCH 0 986 494 050 £27.65 1 £27.65
Reduction: -£13.20
Shipping cost : £0.00
Total cost: £74.81

Now I'm going to go and celebrate by buying a 5 point tamperproof torx "plus" T25 driver, using it to remove the old MAF sensor, and then promptly taking a trip to Wolfsburg to hunt down whoever put such a fastener on the car - and fillet them with it.

I normally hate such butchery... And I'd ordered the tool already. But I made an exception, and took the pad saw to it. Replaced them with some standard T25 I had lying around.

The new air mass sensor has made a huge difference - hard to believe as I've never had a code thrown, and quick test disconnecting the MAF gave me a car which was so slow as to be barely drive able, so that seems a bit of a bogus test. I seem to have got an extra 3-4mpg on the run into work today, and noticeably smother idling while sat in traffic. Result :)