Vcds For A Rapid

Lung

I would like to know this too! Nobody seems to have done very much so far from what I've heard but I believe more is possible! I still don't know why we can't have dial sweeps I'm sure our version of the canbus is fairly newish. Leaving home/coming home lights would be good!

I've been looking for any screenshots showing what can be changed but have also drawn a blank

What I know you can change so far is:

• Dial staging
  • The number of times the wipers sweep after you use the washer jets
  • the number of times the indicators flash if you just press down on the indicator stalk without clicking it all the way down
  • you can show the number of litres of fuel left in the tank
  • the weight of the steering can be changed as a forum member has had this done
  • I'd take a guess that one press of the keyfob can be changed to either only open the drivers door or all of them
  • disable the seatbelt warning light
  • lock/unlock bleeps on or off

You can see some of them here

• Like 3

VCDS can do more than a dealers tool. The dealers tool is actually quiet restrictive in what it will allow, VCDS on the other hand has the power to completely disable a car if you do not know what you are doing.

There are plenty of things the dealer cannot do that VCDS can.

My dealer said they could not program the stage dialing on ours.

it can be done on almost all cars...some instrument clusters need eeprom tinckering

and if anyone is good with german langugage http://www.skodacommunity.de/skoda-forum/skoda-rapid-forum/90354-das-gro%C3%9Fe-vcds-thema-mit-zusammenfassung/

VCDS can do more than a dealers tool. The dealers tool is actually quiet restrictive in what it will allow, VCDS on the other hand has the power to completely disable a car if you do not know what you are doing.

There are plenty of things the dealer cannot do that VCDS can.

Exactly this. They couldn't even code my Bolero into a MK2 Octy [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to that german site we can also have teardrop wipe on the wipers which is something I SERIOUSLY miss from my Leon FR! I wonder if we can get the wipers to park too when you switch the engine off!! This is bluddy annoying how they just stop!! It looks like a lot is possible so prob best not giving up on this yet. If I ever get chance to actually have a spare 5 minutes in between kids screaming I will plug my cable in and have a doo. I did a lot on the Leon like coming home leaving home etc... so I've got an idea where some stuff will be.

• 4 months later...

if anyone is interested...i just enabled HHA (hill hold assist) on my car and it works :D

Hill Hold Assist--> Controller 03(ABS)-->Coding 07-->long code helper-->Byte 16-->Bit 0 enable (tick box)

my ABS controller is:

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104)       Labels: None
   Part No SW: 6R0 614 517 BD    HW: 6R0 614 517 BD
   Component: EBC 460 ESP   H08 0004  
   Serial number: A00GV2E
  • Like 4

if anyone is interested...i just enabled HHA (hill hold assist) on my car and it works :D

Hill Hold Assist--> Controller 03(ABS)-->Coding 07-->long code helper-->Byte 16-->Bit 0 enable (tick box)

my ABS controller is:

You know also how to activate dial staging???

You know also how to activate dial staging???

Should be listed as an adaption in the instrument controller. Either called staging or indication celebration. Just pick it from list in VCDS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

my ABS controller is:

This is great news. Do you have a manual or DSG gearbox?

Well in that case I'm definitely giving hill assist a try. Had it on my last car, used it a lot. Miss not having it on my Rapid.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• 1 year later...

Is there anyone here on this forum close to Galway Ireland that has a VCDS kit that i could use once i get the Rapid certain options i didnt go for that i'd like to activate ,esp hill hold for the missus.