Drivers Door Lock

My drivers door lock started playing up about a week ago, every now and then it would not unlock off the fob. Then a few days ago it stopped R working all together off the fob(fine with the key in the door lock) got a new door latch and fitted it but it's exactly the same as before only works with the key in the lock. I've checked the wiring in the door and all seems fine with no breaks as far as I can see. HHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP PLEASE. [emoji120][emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the large connector in the drivers door for corrosion, & the wiring inside the rubber shroud from the A pillar into the drivers door.

Checked both of those as I fitted a new latch today and they are both fine no corrosion or sign of broken wires.

i would say its the module thats attached onto the window regulator, failing that the ccm, as my door locks are doing the exact same ccm clicks so indecided as to what it is

Which module is that? Have you got a picture please.

Did you check that the red light flashes on the key fob when a button is pressed? Failing fob battery will open the door intermittently. Same thing if the fob has been dropped on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Not the only one looks like this winter we are all having problems but my door is deadlocked so no access iv had to painfully remove the door card as best as poss then as the dash is in way for full removal ive had to take the centre section out still trying to work out problem

All 4 fobs are working fine, checked all wires in the rubber boot and can't see any breaks. Took the big multi plug off the motor and there is corrosion in it and the pins from the control unit. Looks like a new motor and control unit at £133.86 ouch and just before Christmas. It's a common fault apparently ash_1909 I was going to get a second hand one but that's going to be corroded too.

Yup but my door is dead locked shut and im currently on a slow and painful attempt to temp fix it. But it looks like im goin to have to cut the door to try get it open good job im getting a new door come jan

Really silly cutting the door

Get a replacement lock and module, connect it to the inside of the car below the dash behind the plastics and connect it to the module and door lock and it'll open, only thing ruined is a door card

All 4 fobs are working fine, checked all wires in the rubber boot and can't see any breaks. Took the big multi plug off the motor and there is corrosion in it and the pins from the control unit. Looks like a new motor and control unit at £133.86 ouch and just before Christmas. It's a common fault apparently ash_1909 I was going to get a second hand one but that's going to be corroded too.

Has your Drivers door adjust mirror and heating part stopped working also?

Yes heated mirror and adjust stopped working and red led by door button stopped flashing.

I had the exact same problem, and with the central locking, I read the thread that someone has posted on your thread already, It will be the middle row and end pin that has eroded away over time due to water ingress, Got a friend to solder a piece of wire to the remaining bit of pin from the control unit and wire up to the red/yellow wire which will just pull out from the Multiplug unit, and all working again now, if only a temp fix, cost me £20.00.

• Like 1

Yeh that's the pin, I took the whole window reg out and took off the control unit and had a look inside and water has got in there too so new unit ordered and when it arrives I will be putting some extra waterproofing around it. [emoji12]