Direct Download Link For New Mib Columbus Maps Ece V098 2015 & Amundsen Ece V045 2015

Thanks for providing the maps file for the Columbus maps 2015.

As my L&K has not yet arrived I have decided to save the file on my PC  in readiness just in case my Columbus does not have the latest maps when delivered in a couple of weeks time.

I may not be downloading correctly as it has been going for a couple of hours and still shows about four more to go. I think I read somewhere that it can take up to eight hours to download to Columbus with the car ignition on and a recommendation to have the car battery on charge. This all seems quite extreme so I don't know if there is a better way.

I think I read somewhere that it can take up to eight hours to download to Columbus with the car ignition on and a recommendation to have the car battery on charge. This all seems quite extreme so I don't know if there is a better way.

There is a (always) a better way.  And the answer is to use a USB drive, not an SD card.  It has taken about an hour to update my Columbus both times I have done it so far, and I have to say it's a pretty resilient update process too - yesterday, I kicked the update off as I left the house, 5 minutes later I get to my first stop and on getting out the update continued (the screen stays on, which seems a bit odd, but is a good clue for what happened later).  Got back in 20 minutes later, the screen had gone off. Started the ignition, and nav was saying 'insert valid data' or something, and trying to kick the update off again just gave me a 'update data not found' message... so pulled the USB stick out and got an error which was essentially saying it couldn't copy a file, so stuck the USB stick back in, tapped the 'retry' button and it all went quiet again.  Got to my next stop about 10 minutes after that, got out and the screen remained on (so update process was still running).  Got back to car an hour or so later and the screen was off... got in, started ignition, nav still had error.  Set off, and about 5 minutes after setting off, a message popped up to say 'update complete'.  So the unit restarted, and lo and behold it had updated and everything is hunky dory with the new maps.

Given how flakey some of the system seems to be, it does appear to be reassuringly difficult to completely screw an update up!

Hi WiggosSideburns,

Thanks for your input.

I assume that I must have a USB drive with at least 32GB or do I need more, say 64GB.

The other thing is should the USB drive be 2.0 or 3.0 and which is compatible with the Columbus system.

I assume that I must have a USB drive with at least 32GB or do I need more, say 64GB.

The other thing is should the USB drive be 2.0 or 3.0 and which is compatible with the Columbus system.

The drive needs to be 32GB... the update is 23GB and isn't all that compressed, so it's about the same when expanded onto the USB stick.

I use a USB3.0 stick as I have USB3.0 ports on my laptop and so that bit is quicker... but the Columbus is only USB2.0.

• Like 1

That is the date of the Navteq data they are based on. The June release was v088 and labelled as ECE2014/2015.

These are v098 labelled as ECE2015.

This download includes a MIB2 update folder for the first time as well.

Thanks Andy.

I may not be downloading correctly as it has been going for a couple of hours and still shows about four more to go. I think I read somewhere that it can take up to eight hours to download to Columbus with the car ignition on and a recommendation to have the car battery on charge. This all seems quite extreme so I don't know if there is a better way.

I updated my Columbus in the summer with a 32Gb SD card (not a USB stick) and in total it took about 45minutes.

You don't need ignition on (just turn on the Columbus) & all of the functions are available while the update is taking place (phone, media, radio etc).

Just stick the card in, start the process, drive to work & by the time you get there its probably almost finished.

I spoke to the dealer why the latest maps don't show up on navtecs page anymore.

And the answer:

Yup! You need to login with your VIN number and download from a generated download link. And from your first download you will have 3years free updates. And then you'll need to pay.

I spoke to the dealer why the latest maps don't show up on navtecs page anymore.

And the answer:

Yup! You need to login with your VIN number and download from a generated download link. And from your first download you will have 3years free updates. And then you'll need to pay.

Well that would not be very secure if it were true.

The VIN is not private data so is no use as a security key

I told them that too. And here in Sweden we got skodaaccessories.se and there you can search on number plate number and it will show you factory equipment, dealer installed equipment, vin number, current mileage from last mot, services/ repairs..

• Like 1

And the answer:

Just proved this isn't true - if you know the filename you can work out the link - no need to enter a VIN or use the Skoda downloader

• Like 1

Just proved this isn't true - if you know the filename you can work out the link - no need to enter a VIN or use the Skoda downloader

I would assume the VIN number is used to decide which download the user requires & which unit they have.

Users who have the gen1 unit will be given a link for only the map data.

Users whos cars were built with a gen2 unit will be given a link to include the map data, bluetooth, mirrorlink & other firmware.

I would assume the VIN number is used to decide which download the user requires & which unit they have.

Users who have the gen1 unit will be given a link for only the map data.

Users whos cars were built with a gen2 unit will be given a link to include the map data, bluetooth, mirrorlink & other firmware.

It was the bit about the 3 years from first download.

Do the above links still need 7zip or just regular winzip to decompress? I have tried and failed on several occasions to download the Amundsen maps as the 7 zip software will not recognise the files so still using the version that came from the factory in April 2013!

Anybody used a Mac with this update?

Yup - combined with The Unarchiver to unzip directly to a USB stick, and BlueHarvest to clean the crap that OS X dumps onto the USB stick.  All worked a treat (see previous post for details).

• Like 2

Do the above links still need 7zip or just regular winzip to decompress? I have tried and failed on several occasions to download the Amundsen maps as the 7 zip software will not recognise the files so still using the version that came from the factory in April 2013!

I used WinRAR to extract the archive.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_winrar_32

• Like 1