Audio Upgrade And Soundproofing

otttt

Hi

I am planning to upgrade my audio and do some soundproofing.

At the moment i have the stock 8 speaker and columbus system.

I would like to ask for some help and advice.Has anyone done it so far?

I am planning for Morel tempo 6.

Size: 6,5"

Tweeter 0,8"

(RMS/MAX): 120W/280W

4 Ohm

40Hz-20kHZ

Filter: 3800Hz 6dB

Sensitivity: 90dB

And some 4x100 amplifier.

As i've heard that tweeters in the back door are larger do these 0.8 inch tweeters fit there?

Getting power from battery to amplifier, is there any special place to take the wire and where to put amplifier?

Signal from Columbus.It doesn't have rca i think. How to get the signal?

Does soundproofing the boot under the spare wheel give any result?

Thank You!

I have been debating about what system to put in our superb combi, including a front comp system and a decent sub, so i would be very interested to hear how you go on.

I was either going to house everything under the boot floor (possibly installed the raised floor (varible height one?), or put the amps in the cubby hole on one side of the boot, and the sub in the fibreglass box in the other cubby hole.

unfortunatly, its got no further than planning in my head so far!

good luck!

Edited by Pessimal

I fitted an active sub to mine, inside the spare wheel. Completely transformed the low end. I just had to relocate the jack and tools into a bag (provided), which now sit in the side cubby.

The only thing that still bugs me is the shrillness from the tweeters.

I have the hatchback so no variable boot floor.

But I am actually very concerned about getting the power from battery to the amplifier which should be under the passenger seat.

From where can I get it in and how much I have to dismantle?

Can't you tap into the fuse box by the driver, or piggy-back a fuse that is only live at ignition-on? Then you don't need to go anywhere near the battery and pulling the power lead through the bulk head.

If it's any consolation, there was a LOT of trim removal to get the power and control cables from and into the boot. I left it to the experts in the end, charged me £100 incl vat.

Edited by JakeBlade

I concur, running the cables front to back is a pain. Don't run them in the roof lining as it could interfere with the curtain airbags - an obviously critical safety device. They need to be run a low level under the plastic door sills and behind the seat bolster. It all comes off but it's a nightmare to do it.

I wish I'd run some amp/sub cables when I had the car in bits running the wiring for my reversing camera  :dull:

Ok. I have so far managed to do all 4 door soundproofing and installed speakers and wires and now to get it all working I need to get power cable from battery to left front seat where is the amplifier. To the same place where is bluetooth module on the floor under the right front seat.

I believe it should go somewhere behind the battery so from the left side but there is no room. Removing the battery doesn't sound good.

FabMonte Can You be more specific please, I didn't really understand.

I have 1 more issue actually. The air bag service is now starting always when i start the engine. How to remove it? All I did was I removed the passenger seat air bag light connector from the Columbus panel to have more room.

Edited by otttt

You need to get the airbag warning light reset. It's come on because you disconnected the passenger seat airbag warning light and started the radio without connecting the warning light back up.

It's very common with that particular head unit.

I will start today wiring the amp power cable from battery to front seat.

Behind the battery seemed to be some room where the other power cables are going but there is no room to access it.

Any fast ideas?