Guide To Fitting Rear Brakes - Mk1 Fabia

joncc

Does anyone know whether there is a guide on here for fitting rear brake discs/pads to a Fabia please?

I'm sure there will be but I'm also sure I can't find it!

A link to the existing article would be great; but any help at all would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

If there isn't a guide then it's just a matter of undo the fluid reservoir lid and placing tissue around the lid then a matter of removing calliper security pin then Slider bolts out and pull Calliper off and suspend from suspension leg, remove carrier with 2 bolts then there should be a securing grub screw on the disc which you remove then pull the disc off. Clean new disc off then put copper grease on the inside of the hub part (not friction material) replace grub screw and carrier then wind back calliper Piston, fit new pads with copper grease on the backs then place them back into the assembly and refit calliper with slider bolts greased up then fit replacement locking pin.

Edit - this is a generic kind of thing I'm going off from experience

Thanks. Someone said something about needing to get a tool to wind back the pistons or something. Does that sound right/familiar please?

Yes you need a wind back tool.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-NEW-BRAKE-CALIPER-PISTON-REWIND-WIND-BACK-TOOL-KIT-22-34-PIECES-SET-/360643337387?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item53f8049cab

Very easy to do the rears if you have even a small amount of mechanical competence.

The only extra step to the video is to remove the discs, but once the calliper is out then the discs just come off.

Thank you.

Personally I have zero mechanical skills. But I'll give it a go. After all it's only brakes. Not like they're a life saving safety device...

In all seriousness if I can't do it I'll get some help.

Thank you.