Columbus Navigation Led, Sd, Hdd, Dvd Etc Octavia Mk2, Superb

rob_e

As per the description, i'm selling my Skoda Columbus Nav system (RNS510).

I've had this for around 2 years, sourced second hand and retro fitted to my 2012 octavia vRS.  Maps were upgraded before i fitted it by Eddie_NL who also checked it over and replaced the cooling fan.

I'm returning my car to standard (most parts gone already) but i've held on to this for as long as i can as it's a great piece of kit.

This is the later LED version (brighter clearer display) that also supports voice control.

I will also include the black/carbon effect surround that you'll need if you are fitting this in to a car that was originally supplied with a BOLERO.  This part is c£60 from a dealer.

You can google the full spec of these things, but suffice to say its a great OEM upgrade; NAV integrates with your maxidot (display between the dashboard dials), your OEM bluetooth phone if fitted, or fiscon, you can store music on the inbuilt hard drive or on SD cards, or via MDI you can control an ipod in your glovebox.  Also support TMC (text) traffic messages and will play CDs and DVD films.  Shows climate pop-ups and park distance images.

I will also include a "puck" type gps antenna that you can mount under the dash.

PM if you want more info.

15611049780_9bbc1a98ed.jpg
IMG-20141115-01650.jpg by lotus-gt, on Flickr 

15176449013_7d6985ffe3.jpg
IMG-20141115-01651.jpg by lotus-gt, on Flickr

£400.  Ideally given the weight and value i'd want someone to come and collect.  I'm in Oxford.

what are you replacing the Vrs with?

Don't know yet.. i'm waiting on VAG confirming if they are going to make a mk7 Golf "R" estate or not.   Or a Cupra 265/280 estate..   or a vRS 280..  :)  Rumours are that the Golf R estate will be confirmed at Essen show in Dec for production next year.  If none of those pan out or they're too expensive then it'll be a mk3 vRS wagon.   Ideally i want to be ordering something new feb march time, but i thought it'd be better to sell the columbus pre-christmas.

Very interested in this. Im currently up in wigan on a course with work which finishes on the 28th, if you still have it  by that time I will definitely consider an offer.

Is this the DAB version?

Edited by daz1412

Nope, no a DAB.

They're **** apparently. This is the one you need. :)

Would you care to elaborate on that?

Why is one with DAB worse than one without? Ignoring the price differential?

This may interest you Rob if you've not already seen it http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/89093/vw-golf-r-estate-spotted-undisguised

I'd be interested in this but I'd have to do some maths this month, saving for a house we bought and due to move in feb so every penny is being squirrelled away

This may interest you Rob if you've not already seen it http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/89093/vw-golf-r-estate-spotted-undisguised

I'd be interested in this but I'd have to do some maths this month, saving for a house we bought and due to move in feb so every penny is being squirrelled away

Cheers Malc - yep, i'd seen that.  Pretty much as soon as i'd posted above there were t'interweb car sites confirming the R estate for production - there are some great shots posted today also of the car at the LA motor show.  

It's a lovely thing and really REALLY want one but dsg only is a bitch (don't want it plus it bumps the price up..).    I'm going to need some serious man maths i think to make it viable.  :)

Cheers Malc - yep, i'd seen that. Pretty much as soon as i'd posted above there were t'interweb car sites confirming the R estate for production - there are some great shots posted today also of the car at the LA motor show.

It's a lovely thing and really REALLY want one but dsg only is a bitch (don't want it plus it bumps the price up..). I'm going to need some serious man maths i think to make it viable. :)

Have you tried the DSG before? I was a sceptical about it but I've had a shot of a passat CC Tdi with it and I'm highly impressed. A lot of people were put of it but I know a few people who have had it or have them and wouldn't change now

• 2 weeks later...

Very interested in this. Im currently up in wigan on a course with work which finishes on the 28th, if you still have it  by that time I will definitely consider an offer.

Is this the DAB version?

has your course finished?  :)

Hi all,

is any one knowledgeable enough to know if this could be retro-fitted into my 2004 L&K Skoda Octavia Estate PD130?

I was willing to go aftermarket unit, but do like the idea of a Skoda lump.

Thank's

Jim

Jim - i'm a mechanical numpty but i managed a bolero to columbus swap no problem.  its only 4 torx screws and plugs in just like the oe unit.  i think on the earlier cars you need to so something with the gateway but a search on here will tell you all you need to know - lot of folks have this unit in pre-facelift cars.

Hi all,

is any one knowledgeable enough to know if this could be retro-fitted into my 2004 L&K Skoda Octavia Estate PD130?

I was willing to go aftermarket unit, but do like the idea of a Skoda lump.

Thank's

Jim

If it's a PD130 then it's a mk1 and this won't fit a mk1 Octavia.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the DAB version?

@daz1412 if you're after a DAB version there is one for sale here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/337408-skoda-columbus-dab-rns510-3t0035686h-hw-h23-sw-6270-v12-maps/ £600 though so a bit more than i want for mine.