Instrument Light Failure Daytime Running

andyml

Hi Folks...I have a 13 plate 1.4 TSi SE Plus and have enjoyed driving it since new. It has just developed a fault with the instrument lights which don't work in normal daylight driving. The needles are illuminated but not the dial figures. Is this a common problem?...can I expect my local dealer (Marlborough) to fix it easily? Thanks in advance.

Thankyou weasley...I'll check this but don't think I've twiddled anything. ...and it definitely isn't the brightness turned down but thanks again thingy....not been in anybody's hands but mine thanks mannyo.

If the needles are illuminated but not the dial then it's time to switch your headlights on, there is a light sensor in the bottom of the rev counter. Try it at night with the lights on, shine a torch at the bottom of the rev counter.

• Like 2

Just had a look and noticed that the instrument lights came on as usual (my model doesn't have auto position) but then died out gradually....then no light showing at all apart from the needles...very strange.

If the needles are illuminated but not the dial then it's time to switch your headlights on, there is a light sensor in the bottom of the rev counter. Try it at night with the lights on, shine a torch at the bottom of the rev counter.

Exactly!!

What they are doing is normal and correct. Today has been quite dark and dull so the sensor is telling you to turn your lights on.

Blimey......and double blimes......I wonder why i haven't noticed this before? It's a convincing argument....many thanks indeed....what jolly good chaps you all are!