Remove "comfort" Boot Floor

josj

Hi.

I have a Superb 2014 (facelift) with the "comfort" boot floor (level with the opening). Since we have a dog and also need to fit a baby stroller, I am thinking about removing the comfort floor to be able to use the additional ~10 cm in height. I was at the local dealer and tried to find out what the boot floor would cost, but they were not certain which floor that was in their system. There seemed to be three different "floor types", "low", comfort and raised. He showed me a floor that might be the right one, on his computer, but I would like to be certain before ordering one.

Has anyone else done this, and might know what the part number for this floor might be?

Buy some plywood and get the fret saw out?

I was told on both my new superbs that i had no spare tyre just a pump and gel. When i looked they both had a full size spare, the dealer was surprised on both occasions. I wouldn't have much confidence in what the dealer knows

Edited by peterposh

If you lift up the handle, what is underneath - is it a block of grey moulded polystyrene?

On my regular floor the side rails just screw into the floor.

My first thoughts are that you may just have a taller block of polystyrene than mine, plus your side rails might be bolted on to another structure that is then screwed to the floor.

Edited by JakeBlade

If I open, theres a small compartment between the floor and the "under-floor". The "under-floor" is level with the spare tyre compartment, which has a polystyrene block in it. What I would like to do is remove the floor seen on the picture (and the rails) and get the boot floor level with the top of the spare tyre compartment. The "under-floor" is not really a floor, more of a textile mat, so it can't be used as a proper floor.

There was some debate before about what is under the carpet in the estate boot: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/319877-full-sized-spare-will-it-fit/

For some reason the search function isn't working in tapatalk or the mobile version of briskoda, but I found it with google.

On mine there is a 1" polystyrene block that fits over the whole of the boot floor area between the rails, with a cut-out for the spare wheel.

I also have a block of polystyrene within the spare wheel itself to house the jack and tools.

I think you'll have to take some photos of what your boot looks like under the carpet...

easy, you have the raised boot floor.

The rails are on raisers and the floor you see is specific to the raised boot floor.

you can remove all the bits and refit the rails at the normal height and then sell to me the raisers and other panels. :D

• Like 1

easiest solution is just not using the top cover

however, if You want to remove the system completely, just unscrew the rails and it's support, buy new rails (they are different) and fit it to the floor

Are you sure that's the raised floor, that's level with the opening? We were looking at some images at the computer at the dealer, and it looked like there was an even higher floor, with raisers on the sides etc, but I don't know what the purpose of that would be. We might have just misunderstood the pictures though.

The problem with leaving the rails in place and just remove the cover is that the floor underneath isn't very sturdy, it's more of a stiff carpet it seems.

What I would like to acheive is something like in this picture. Are you saying that there are rails for this too?

IMG_6404.JPG

Edited by josj

• 5 months later...

Resurrecting my old topic, since I found http://www.partscats.info in another thread, and wanted to check if anyone knows which parts would be needed to acheive a floor like in JakeBlade's picture (if possible).

The parts are shown on this page, but I am not sure which model code indicates that type of floor.

http://www.partscats.info/skoda/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=sk&number=141&set=154&ein=2013&f=632&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=8&grf=086305632&bf=86305&hgug=863&ug=63&parent_id=185354

There are PR-3GD, PR-3GG, PR3-GN. I THINK I have PR-3GN, and what I want is PR3-GG. That means I would need parts 2,3,4

Hi josj, I am currently in the process of fitting the load area partition system into my 2014 superb estate. The part numbers you require for the 2 side rails are 3T9 863 555 A and 556 A, the two partitions are 4F9 860 387 F and 4f9 860 387 H. You will also either need to cut your existing boot floor mat down or get the mat from a superb with the rails fitted as it is narrower to accommodate the rails.

The rails are like hens teth from the breakers as are the partitions. I originally bought a pair of rails from an Audi A6, which are longer than the correct ones for the Superb, However the hole centres for the fixing bolts are the same, so I had planned to simply cut them to length. I also got the partitions too from the same seller. Subsequently when looking for something for my son, I casually asked at a breaker in Cumbria if he had the rails for the Superb, and almost fell of my chair when he said yes, and he also had a clean boot floor mat too. So I now have the correct rails for the job, a set of A6 rails, 1 ally cross bar and 2 retractable straps. When I get round to it the A6 rails and the extra strap will be going back on flebay to recoup what I paid.

You could just line what is there like I did, gives you a level and flat loading area and can be removed quickly if not needed, costs about £50 and a few hours with a jigsaw and sandpaper. (much faster if you wanted to bring the raw wood to me and scribe the shape from mine.)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/302931-boot-lip-depth/?hl=%2Bboot+%2Bfloor#entry3617971