Umbrella holder

keijox

Bought recently Superb 2011. Heard from friend there is umbrella holder in rear door. I looked for it but did not find umbrella or hole for it. I checked Google for more information about it and saw pictures how it should look like and found out place where it is. Went back to my car and found place where holder is but it was covered with plastic piece. So I'am wondering does my car miss this feature completely or could i just remove that plastic piece from door panel and buy umbrella from somewhere.

There's a drain from the umbrella hole out the bottom of the car door to deal with wet umbrellas being put back into the door, so there may be more internal changes needed. If you remove the cover and there's a nice cylindrical hole suitable for the umbrella then it's probably already right and Skoda just did it to make the Elegance edition look fancier - I'm guessing the total cost savings would be negligible.

SE upwards I believe.

I think if it is blanked off, then the door panel won't have the necessary internals to support it. You would need a new door panel.

Think it has been covered on here before.

You can always pop the cover off and have a look and you could use it to store a dry umbrella. My Elegance has it as standard but I still don't trust putting a wet umbrella in there, I just stick it in a plastic bag and dry it out when I get home. But its a good place to store one to save it rattling about in the boot.

If the umbrella hole is capped off then there is nothing behind it. The door card is different and does not have the slot to hold the umbrella.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/291174-superb-ii-no-umbrela-holder-can-it-as-retrofit/

See here...

SuperbNoUmbrellaHolder.jpg

Thanks everyone for answers. I'm not sure about edition of my car but i gues it's Comfort edition. I will try open cover and see what's in there.

Edit

silver1011, on 20 Nov 2014 - 00:50, said:

If the umbrella hole is capped off then there is nothing behind it. The door card is different and does not have the slot to hold the umbrella.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/291174-superb-ii-no-umbrela-holder-can-it-as-retrofit/

See here...

Ah well i guess then there is nothing to do for it.

Edited by keijox

Beg to differ. Useful, but should be on driver's side. Didn't get changed lhd to rhd. Better still in driver door. Not clever having to get wet walking round car to get umbrella to keep dry...

Ah but when you stop at the side of the road and walk round to the N/S door to let your passenger out, the umbrella is there ready for you to cover your passenger. It's not for the driver!

• Like 2

Hi GaSelle, you're right of course for cars built for the mainland of Europe. And to be fair this is where my beautiful car came from forged in the hands of VAG professionals.

But in my defence, I also draw your attention to a headline in The Times in (afaik) 1912. 'FOG IN CHANNEL, EUROPE ISOLATED'. It's how we are raised to view the world. And in passing islands have a greather tendency to drive on the left - Japan, Cyprus, Indonesia, Mauritius, South Pacific, Caribbean, New Zealand, even the continent of Australia (technically an island). They're not all former UK territory...

Coops also has a point, but we found that SWMBO found it much more difficult to keep up a running commentary on the road, other drivers, my driving, the weather, and the state of the nation from the rear...