VCDS

Is there a non american vcds system?

VCDS = Ross Tech. So there's no VCDS-alternative.

You could have a look at VCP (Vag Can Pro), this is a Polish system I believe. Has been going for a while, not as well known as VCDS, but it's growing. It has support for some MQB chassis cars that VCDS still doesn't, and it can preform some functions that don't work in VCDS (like Rain Closing, Comfort Opening, etc)

Good place for info HERE

For me it's still too early, maybe if VCDS lags behind with their support of MQB chassis cars I will take the plunge. But not yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously there has been some confusion here.

Old Newbie, Individual didnt actually say Please join freedom... like you quoted.

He was advertising whilst being non freedom so Gizmo changed the text to that, instead of editing it as normal (not quite sure why he did it that way but he did)

Now Individual has joined Freedom he can post for sale (although would be better viewed in the classified section)

So, in a nutshell youve quoted Gizmos edit

Hope that clarifies things

Regards

Damo

• Like 2

Obviously there has been some confusion here.

Old Newbie, Individual didnt actually say Please join freedom... like you quoted.

He was advertising whilst being non freedom so Gizmo changed the text to that, instead of editing it as normal (not quite sure why he did it that way but he did)

Now Individual has joined Freedom he can post for sale (although would be better viewed in the classified section)

So, in a nutshell youve quoted Gizmos edit

Hope that clarifies things

Regards

Damo

I really don't understand your answer or what "Gizmo" did / said / wrote, but thanks for your assistance anyway.

As for advertising, surely pointing out where a product can be purchased, when asked is just helpful advice?

Worry not, I'll not bother you again, we will just continue to enjoy owning & using our Skodas, & being thankful for the help & advice that we've found on this forum.

DC

@Old Newbie. You wondered why Individual posted please join freedom if you wish to advertise. Well, he never wrote that.

It was a moderator who edited the post because Individual was advertising.

Hope that helps you understand, and yes pointing out where a product can be purchased is fine and helpful.

Regards

Damo